New York City Restaurants

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
ybarselah

#1651 Post by ybarselah » June 12th, 2018, 10:10 am

absolutely blown away by just about every dish at racines last night. as most know, paul liebrandt is doing a guest thing there which was just extended. my one very early meal at corton was one of the best i've ever had and his cooking at racines right now is on par, if not better. hyper-seasonal and some very serious and high-end cooking and technique.
Yaacov (ITB)

Ramon C

#1652 Post by Ramon C » June 12th, 2018, 11:02 am

Robert Dentice wrote:I went to a new small Japanese restaurant called Davelle in the LES that focuses on Japanese comfort food and is open all day. Currently BYOB. Overall I really enjoyed it. Excited that they are open all day and BYOB.

https://ny.eater.com/2018/3/5/17080954/ ... e-open-les

https://www.davellenewyork.com

The fried chicken was the standout.
I enjoyed my solo lunch last Sunday at Davelle. It's a good local version of the classic Japanese kissaten all-day cafe where they serve mostly sandwiches to spaghetti. I had the Hokkaido-style "too much uni" spaghetti and it was delicious. It may be ultra-casual for some, but I like this kind of easy, cafe-like establishments. I'm looking forward to going back.

Not byob, anymore, as they serve alcohol.
@brera

Robert Dentice

#1653 Post by Robert Dentice » June 12th, 2018, 11:58 am

Ramon C wrote:
Robert Dentice wrote:I went to a new small Japanese restaurant called Davelle in the LES that focuses on Japanese comfort food and is open all day. Currently BYOB. Overall I really enjoyed it. Excited that they are open all day and BYOB.

I enjoyed my solo lunch last Sunday at Davelle. It's a good local version of the classic Japanese kissaten all-day cafe where they serve mostly sandwiches to spaghetti. I had the Hokkaido-style "too much uni" spaghetti and it was delicious. It may be ultra-casual for some, but I like this kind of easy, cafe-like establishments. I'm looking forward to going back.

Do they allow wine with a corkage fee?

Not sure if you saw they got a very favorable review in the NY Times.

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1654 Post by mark rudner » June 12th, 2018, 2:27 pm

finally le coucou for lunch today
great room and service with food to match
unreal albeit overly rich morel dish and wonderful quenelle
pycm rose helped it all along
perfect place for the right situation

Ramon C

#1655 Post by Ramon C » June 12th, 2018, 6:23 pm

Robert Dentice wrote:
Ramon C wrote:

Do they allow wine with a corkage fee?

Not sure if you saw they got a very favorable review in the NY Times.
I asked the guy behind the bar about bringing my own wine(s) and he just said, with a smile, "not allowed". I had a cup of sake that I liked with my meal.

Yes, I read the NY Times review just before I typed this. Very nice, and they mentioned my spaghetti with uni! There's not a lot on the menu in this place, but a few carefully chosen dishes, and that's what kissaten tea houses are about.
@brera

Robert Dentice

#1656 Post by Robert Dentice » June 13th, 2018, 6:16 am

I went back to Atomix for a special occasion and had another great meal. They are already starting to improve on the overall flow of the meal. For me it is just the perfect amount of food. They plan to increase the bar menu within a few weeks. In particular they will have a friend chicken dish and a sardine dish that both sound very exciting.

As I Riesling fanatic I absolutely love their Riesling selection I had a 2015 Becker Kabinett Trocken and and Ulli Stein Palmberg Extreme. Fantastic pairings with the entire meal.

George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1657 Post by George Hejna » June 13th, 2018, 6:26 am

Will be there on Thursday. Looking forward to it. Will report back.

George

George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1658 Post by George Hejna » June 15th, 2018, 7:12 am

Atomix was excellent. Thank you Robert. The service, the food, the room all top notch. The fried langoustine might have been one of the best bites of food I have had.

The list is great and very well priced. Went with a split of Billecart Salmon Rosé and a bottle of Knoll Riesling. That was perfect. Som paired the Waygu course with a 85 Portuguese wine which was really good so I had a glass of that also.

Off to EMP for lunch.... I love NYC.

George

Jonathan Kalman

#1659 Post by Jonathan Kalman » June 15th, 2018, 7:55 am

Has anyone been to Gloria on W 53Rd?

Robert Dentice

#1660 Post by Robert Dentice » June 15th, 2018, 8:29 am

George Hejna wrote:Atomix was excellent. Thank you Robert. The service, the food, the room all top notch. The fried langoustine might have been one of the best bites of food I have had.

The list is great and very well priced. Went with a split of Billecart Salmon Rosé and a bottle of Knoll Riesling. That was perfect. Som paired the Waygu course with a 85 Portuguese wine which was really good so I had a glass of that also.

George
That is terrific news. Ellia and Chef JP are just so nice.

I thought the Caviar was the best dish in our first meal but the 2nd meal the Langoustine was my favorite.

Robert Dentice

#1661 Post by Robert Dentice » June 15th, 2018, 8:30 am

Jonathan Kalman wrote:Has anyone been to Gloria on W 53Rd?
I have sadly not been because it is in an area of town which is very far from me. I do know the GM and Chef well and have heard great things

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#1662 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o » June 16th, 2018, 5:29 am

Jonathan Kalman wrote:Has anyone been to Gloria on W 53Rd?
Hardy Wallace, from Dirty & Rowdy wines, held a wine dinner there last week - I am sure some berserkers must have attended!

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1663 Post by Diane Kessler » June 16th, 2018, 6:14 am

How about Scampi on W 18th? Thinking about stopping at the bar later.

George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1664 Post by George Hejna » June 16th, 2018, 7:20 am

Robert Dentice wrote:
George Hejna wrote:Atomix was excellent. Thank you Robert. The service, the food, the room all top notch. The fried langoustine might have been one of the best bites of food I have had.

George
That is terrific news. Ellia and Chef JP are just so nice.

I thought the Caviar was the best dish in our first meal but the 2nd meal the Langoustine was my favorite.
That is interesting and by no means a criticism but the caviar was my least favorite. I thought the flavors were amazing but there was just way too much cheese/curd for me to get through. It was all I could taste. Ellia did say that most people comment that, that is their favorite also. I must be weird. [wow.gif]

Now the Caviar dish at EMP..... that is amazing.

George

Mike Cohen

#1665 Post by Mike Cohen » June 16th, 2018, 5:42 pm

Diane Kessler wrote:How about Scampi on W 18th? Thinking about stopping at the bar later.
Was bored to tears at Scampi...

George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1666 Post by George Hejna » June 17th, 2018, 5:44 am

Not overly impressed with Le Bernadin. Food was executed well with high quality ingredients but the entire restaurant felt very impersonal/sterile. Service was fine. Again very assembly line(ish). I thought it was a little fast paced maybe due to the large theater crowd? Big restaurant, relatively noisy for a 3***.

Wine list was good and not as high priced as I expected. Really nothing there that would make me want to go back.

George

Robert Dentice

#1667 Post by Robert Dentice » June 17th, 2018, 5:47 am

Revisited Uchū last night. Overall I was very impressed with the food and loved my meal. Chef is taking some more chances with some of the dishes. The Hokkaido Uni was served over small diced pickled Uni and it really worked. There was a new Yakatori inspired Chicken dish that I loved. The music is a little annoying to me ironic hipster stuff (Rush, Bob Seger etc.). And the winelist is a bit hard to navigate and easily 3-4+x markups. Next time I will BYOB.

https://www.instagram.com/soilpimp/

Rich Salsano
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1668 Post by Rich Salsano » June 17th, 2018, 5:56 am

George Hejna wrote:Not overly impressed with Le Bernadin. Food was executed well with high quality ingredients but the entire restaurant felt very impersonal/sterile. Service was fine. Again very assembly line(ish). I thought it was a little fast paced maybe due to the large theater crowd? Big restaurant, relatively noisy for a 3***.

Wine list was good and not as high priced as I expected. Really nothing there that would make me want to go back.

George
That is somewhat my feeling as well after going last year. Restaurant was too big and noisy for that type of meal and experience.
Richard Salsano

Sarah Kirschbaum

#1669 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » June 17th, 2018, 7:21 am

Rich Salsano wrote:
George Hejna wrote:Not overly impressed with Le Bernadin. Food was executed well with high quality ingredients but the entire restaurant felt very impersonal/sterile. Service was fine. Again very assembly line(ish). I thought it was a little fast paced maybe due to the large theater crowd? Big restaurant, relatively noisy for a 3***.

George
That is somewhat my feeling as well after going last year. Restaurant was too big and noisy for that type of meal and experience.
I'm another who doesn't think highly of Le Bernardin. Among other service issues I've had there, the pacing is perhaps the worst. One time we were rushed from minute one over and over again, with several courses appearing at the table before we'd even ordered our wine, and despite asking them to slow down and assuring them the two of us would be out in plenty of time to turn the table. It didn't help that I'd been called twice to confirm my reservation, during which calls I was firmly reminded that my 5:00 table would need to be finished by 8:00.

On another note, I had dinner at the bar at Racine's last week. I enjoyed my meal there, but had some issues as well. I thought the appetizers had great flavors, but often felt there were way too many things going on on the plates for me. With that many elements, all of which tasted good, but didn't always seem to relate to each other, I never felt like I was eating a cohesive dish. I also have an issue with using ice cream (or granita) on savory dishes. I don't get why chefs still have a thing for that dated idea - it rarely works, in my opinion. Finally, I found some of the herbs used both on the appetizers and on the squab, which was otherwise wonderful, too aggressive and sometimes overwhelming. And I love herbs! One bite even made my tongue numb. I know plants can vary, so maybe just a very strong batch that day? Overall, though, I'm really happy to see the level of cooking there taking such a step up. The wine list is so great, it more than deserves food on the same level.

Robert Dentice

#1670 Post by Robert Dentice » June 17th, 2018, 8:36 am

George

You could insert a number of three star restaurants in this review for me. I am so bored with all of the pomp and circumstance that usually ends up in actually detracting from the entire experience and making it less personal. I would much rather go to places like Aska, Atomix and Blanca where their price points allow them to use high end ingredients but the experience is much less formal and more enjoyable.

Sarah Kirschbaum

#1671 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » June 17th, 2018, 9:08 am

Robert Dentice wrote:

George

You could insert a number of three star restaurants in this review for me. I am so bored with all of the pomp and circumstance that usually ends up in actually detracting from the entire experience and making it less personal. I would much rather go to places like Aska, Atomix and Blanca where their price points allow them to use high end ingredients but the experience is much less formal and more enjoyable.
Totally agree. For us - Jonathan in particular - "fanciness" is something a restaurant has to overcome, a serious handicap.

G. Keeler

#1672 Post by G. Keeler » June 17th, 2018, 10:33 am

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
Robert Dentice wrote:

George

Totally agree. For us - Jonathan in particular - "fanciness" is something a restaurant has to overcome, a serious handicap.
Also agree. We have done a lot of that in the past and it just doesn't have the same appeal today when you can get the same quality in a more fun and relaxed environment elsewhere.

Specifically regarding Le Bernadin we had a similar experience at dinner with cold/sterile service and we felt there was to much sameness to the tasting menu. Started off nice but the middle 3 courses was just a different fish with a different sauce which got boring and surprising filling. We were not planning on returning but for a variety of reasons we ended up back there for lunch a year later and it was a complete 180. Service was warm, pacing was perfect and the food fantastic. We have gone back a few more times for lunch with equally good results.
G L E N N

George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1673 Post by George Hejna » June 17th, 2018, 11:12 am

I agree on the 3*** experience losing appeal. That being said we had a 4+ hour lunch at EMP that was absolutely phenomenal across the board. I will give a HUGE nod to my dining companion in helping with this but they treated us like royalty. Every dish was perfectly executed, (although the snails were too cutesy for me).
Prior to the meal we were discussing concretes. Which I have never heard of but I believe is a midwest shake of sorts made out of custard. Anyway.... they invited us for a tour of the kitchen which we graciously accepted. When we got there they had a small bar set for the 4 of us and they had created the EMP version of a concrete.... just for us. That was so very special and delicious.

George

Peter Kleban
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1674 Post by Peter Kleban » June 17th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
Rich Salsano wrote:

George
I'm another who doesn't think highly of Le Bernardin. Among other service issues I've had there, the pacing is perhaps the worst. One time we were rushed from minute one over and over again, with several courses appearing at the table before we'd even ordered our wine, and despite asking them to slow down and assuring them the two of us would be out in plenty of time to turn the table. It didn't help that I'd been called twice to confirm my reservation, during which calls I was firmly reminded that my 5:00 table would need to be finished by 8:00.

On another note, I had dinner at the bar at Racine's last week. I enjoyed my meal there, but had some issues as well. I thought the appetizers had great flavors, but often felt there were way too many things going on on the plates for me. With that many elements, all of which tasted good, but didn't always seem to relate to each other, I never felt like I was eating a cohesive dish. I also have an issue with using ice cream (or granita) on savory dishes. I don't get why chefs still have a thing for that dated idea - it rarely works, in my opinion. Finally, I found some of the herbs used both on the appetizers and on the squab, which was otherwise wonderful, too aggressive and sometimes overwhelming. And I love herbs! One bite even made my tongue numb. I know plants can vary, so maybe just a very strong batch that day? Overall, though, I'm really happy to see the level of cooking there taking such a step up. The wine list is so great, it more than deserves food on the same level.
We're off to Racines on Tuesday, so thanks for the heads up. How was the chicken wing schnitzel with mango? And incidentally, do you know what Torci is? Pasta? Never heard of it and couldn't find it online. TIA!
Bob Wood:
"Peter..your well-reasoned words were a waste of time."
WsOTY:
Vallana Spanna 5 Castelli '71
Fonseca Porto '77
d'Yquem '00
Jobard Meursault Blagny 1er '13
Broadbent Madeira Colheita '96
Mas Redonne Bandol Rosé '17
B Giacosa Roero Arneis '15
Patricia Green Cellars PN Estate Etzel Block '13

WvanGorp

#1675 Post by WvanGorp » June 18th, 2018, 5:30 pm

Agree with George about both LB and EMP. Lunch at EMP was WONDERFUL and the kitchen is humming (pun intended) like a fine engine. Would go back in a heartbeat.

LB to me is kind of a fancy lifeless thing that has never delivered much pleasure and mostly irritation.
Wilfred van Gorp

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1676 Post by Jay Miller » June 19th, 2018, 4:36 am

I feel guilty adding my mite since I haven't been in over a decade but my 2 meals at LB never inspired me to return.

However I don't regard that as an indictment of a more formal dining experience. I'll hold up Jungsik as an example of someone who gets it right. When we go there for an anniversary or other special event we feel luxuriously pampered as opposed to the mildly oppressive feeling I always got at LB.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1677 Post by mark rudner » June 19th, 2018, 2:13 pm

ok my 2 cents on lb
i love going to the bar and having a couple of dishes along with some white burg
i get all the lack of feeling in the dining room but i just don't go in there unless to find my way to the men's room...

Rich Salsano
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1678 Post by Rich Salsano » June 23rd, 2018, 4:32 am

Rich Salsano wrote:Anyone been to Racines during the Paul Liebrandt residency? I have tentative reservations for an upcoming Friday but have been reading some mixed reviews.

If it’s a pass, what about Chef’s Club with Sota Atsumi of Clown Bar? He is in nyc for 3 months trying out dishes for his next restaurant.
Went to Chef’s Club last night. Solid but not overly impressed. Seemed like every other dish had a foam on it (what year is this?) and some dishes were made complicated for the sake of being fancy. The squab dish was also a complete bust.
Richard Salsano

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1679 Post by mark rudner » June 23rd, 2018, 5:16 pm

ok so here goes...
in a part of town i don't get to much any more and hit an old favorite
fred's at barneys
i know, not cool not any thing we really talk about here but
still perfect salads, and the best spaghetti all'arrabiate i've ever had
the crowd sucks
the service is i guess the best they can manage
but
the food is exactly the same extraordinarily high quality it always was, even back as far as when it was in the basement
laugh if you must, but if you're near 60th and mad and have earphones, you'll be happy

Peter Metzger

#1680 Post by Peter Metzger » June 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm

mark rudner wrote:ok so here goes...
in a part of town i don't get to much any more and hit an old favorite
fred's at barneys
i know, not cool not any thing we really talk about here but
still perfect salads, and the best spaghetti all'arrabiate i've ever had
the crowd sucks
the service is i guess the best they can manage
but
the food is exactly the same extraordinarily high quality it always was, even back as far as when it was in the basement
laugh if you must, but if you're near 60th and mad and have earphones, you'll be happy
Thanks Mark. Enjoyed your review. Not every meal has to be gourmet or the latest thing — few of mine are. [cheers.gif]
Peter

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1681 Post by mark rudner » June 29th, 2018, 7:57 am

back to le coucou for dinner this time with mom. a great experience all around. the service was near perfect save for a feeling we got that they would like the table back asap. the food was excellent with no misses. we had soft shell crab, leeks, skate, tout la lapin, and agneau 2 ways. i would eat all those things again, with the crab, lamb neck and 1 of the 3 rabbit preps being the standouts. it's expensive and not the type of place i want to go to often, but this night was on point.
one note. we brought 2 bottles of grand cru burg and while $190 for corkage is a bit painful it's a heck of a lot less than had i purchased similar wines from the list. ymmv of course [cheers.gif]

R@y.Tupp@+sch

#1682 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch » June 29th, 2018, 8:42 am

mark rudner wrote:back to le coucou for dinner this time with mom. a great experience all around. the service was near perfect save for a feeling we got that they would like the table back asap. the food was excellent with no misses. we had soft shell crab, leeks, skate, tout la lapin, and agneau 2 ways. i would eat all those things again, with the crab, lamb neck and 1 of the 3 rabbit preps being the standouts. it's expensive and not the type of place i want to go to often, but this night was on point.
one note. we brought 2 bottles of grand cru burg and while $190 for corkage is a bit painful it's a heck of a lot less than had i purchased similar wines from the list. ymmv of course [cheers.gif]
While I'm not a fan of being charged that amount for corkage, there are certain restaurants that make it a no brainer to bite the corkage bullet. Le Coucou is one of them.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#1683 Post by Jorge Henriquez » June 29th, 2018, 9:23 am

Tertulia closing this weekend. Saturday is their last service. Many a good night spent at a corner table or the bar. Sad news.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

ITB - Golden Vines
http://golden-vines.com/

R@y.Tupp@+sch

#1684 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch » June 29th, 2018, 9:28 am

Jorge Henriquez wrote:Tertulia closing this weekend. Saturday is their last service. Many a good night spent at a corner table or the bar. Sad news.
Surprised I never ran into you there although I used to go much more frequently back in 2013-2015.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#1685 Post by Jorge Henriquez » June 29th, 2018, 10:10 am

R@y.Tupp@+sch wrote:
Jorge Henriquez wrote:Tertulia closing this weekend. Saturday is their last service. Many a good night spent at a corner table or the bar. Sad news.
Surprised I never ran into you there although I used to go much more frequently back in 2013-2015.
Ray, would normally go on Monday nights to the En Rama Sherry pop-up.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

ITB - Golden Vines
http://golden-vines.com/

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1686 Post by Paul Jaouen » June 29th, 2018, 12:14 pm

mark rudner wrote:back to le coucou for dinner this time with mom. a great experience all around. the service was near perfect save for a feeling we got that they would like the table back asap. the food was excellent with no misses. we had soft shell crab, leeks, skate, tout la lapin, and agneau 2 ways. i would eat all those things again, with the crab, lamb neck and 1 of the 3 rabbit preps being the standouts. it's expensive and not the type of place i want to go to often, but this night was on point.
Not only is the list expensive, it is also a very young list. I agree with you and Ray. Corkage, even at $95, is the way to go.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Robert Dentice

#1687 Post by Robert Dentice » July 4th, 2018, 6:36 am

Finally made it to Frenchette. And I have to say I love it. The Rabbit dish is outstanding.

The wine list is 100% Natural. However there are lots of wines on the list I like so not a problem.

scott c
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1688 Post by scott c » July 5th, 2018, 1:29 pm

Checked out Simon and the Whale on Friday night and loved it. Space is very cool, in almost a mid-century yacht club kind of vibe. Food was fantastic, nice wine list (we ordered Champagne off the list and BYO'd a red).

Racine's on Monday was even better, food-wise. Every single bite was delicious.
c 1 @ f f e e

"By serving the best, never the most, a host compliments both himself and guest, and compensates with additional enjoyment what he wisely limits in number of drinks."
-Julian P. ("Pappy") Van Winkle, Sr.

Robert Dentice

#1689 Post by Robert Dentice » July 10th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Robert Dentice wrote:Finally made it to Frenchette. And I have to say I love it. The Rabbit dish is outstanding.

The wine list is 100% Natural. However there are lots of wines on the list I like so not a problem.
Three stars for Frenchette in the NY Times, an impossible reservation just got even harder.

Sarah Kirschbaum

#1690 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » July 11th, 2018, 9:32 am

Robert Dentice wrote:
Robert Dentice wrote:Finally made it to Frenchette. And I have to say I love it. The Rabbit dish is outstanding.

Three stars for Frenchette in the NY Times, an impossible reservation just got even harder.
It's a two minute walk from my office, and yet I still haven't been there, mostly because of the wine list.

The review was clearly very positive, but somehow also came off as being unexcited. It was odd.

doug johnson

#1691 Post by doug johnson » July 12th, 2018, 7:40 pm

How is Hasaki or 15 East?

I am looking for either a good sushi counter or kappo place, with some ambience, that is easy-going enough that a day-of cancellation would be possible without incurring penalties; or is not so popular that I could walk in at 9 on a Saturday...

A few years ago Robert's rec of Kura perfectly fit what I'm looking for but now they take credit cards and have a 24-hour cancellation policy.

thanks!

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1692 Post by Sh@n A » July 13th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Catching up here...

Dinner at Le Coq Rico on 20th street. Overall I think the place is OK, but two friends, brought a bottle of Bordeaux ($50 corkage), simple roast chicken w/ jus.... was a good time. I got there early and they opened/decanted it. Seating is a bit meh, where the bar seating is probably preferred. wine list prices are much too inflated for me, but maybe $100 chicken for 2 not covering overhead? A bit of a casual place for me, and I think interesting as a place to big a nice red to pair with a huge roasted chicken.

Dinner at Maialino a while ago. Everything was spot on. Decent selection of wines by the glass at the bar. Brought 2 bottles with corkage that were waived! Was being nice and gave the somm tastes of each, and I think she was appreciative. Food was really good and spot on. You pay for it (like much in NYC these days), but very good.

Dinner at Monkey Bar. Old american clubby vibe, which I like. Food is good, service is sharp, but overall its just an interesting vibe in midtown where you can chat... has an nice/dark classic bar.. and corkage. Better for lunch than dinner given the lack of "scene".
Last edited by Sh@n A on July 14th, 2018, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ @ g r @ \

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1693 Post by Paul Jaouen » July 14th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Corkage at Maialino has been $35 for as long as I can remember. I would be really surprised if they raised it that much.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1694 Post by Sh@n A » July 14th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Phone confirmed 35 / bottle. Need to go back more often.
/ @ g r @ \

A Rubin Stein

#1695 Post by A Rubin Stein » July 27th, 2018, 7:47 am

I've been to Noreetuh in the East Village twice in recent weeks, and both times were great. The food is Hawaiian with Asian influences, not fancy but interesting, good quality and good thought behind the dishes and combinations. The owner loves wine, welcomes BYO and the wine service is top-notch.
a s h e r

scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1696 Post by scamhi » July 27th, 2018, 8:26 am

A Rubin Stein wrote:I've been to Noreetuh in the East Village twice in recent weeks, and both times were great. The food is Hawaiian with Asian influences, not fancy but interesting, good quality and good thought behind the dishes and combinations. The owner loves wine, welcomes BYO and the wine service is top-notch.
Agreed- corkage is $30.00 per bottle. Nice stems
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1697 Post by Paul Jaouen » July 27th, 2018, 8:29 am

A Rubin Stein wrote:I've been to Noreetuh in the East Village twice in recent weeks, and both times were great. The food is Hawaiian with Asian influences, not fancy but interesting, good quality and good thought behind the dishes and combinations. The owner loves wine, welcomes BYO and the wine service is top-notch.
Love the fried chicken.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Michel Abood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1698 Post by Michel Abood » July 27th, 2018, 8:40 am

Do they still have the tongue musubi? That was killer. I've been there several times and liked everything about it, and Jin is a really cool guy.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections

scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1699 Post by scamhi » July 27th, 2018, 8:43 am

Yes, still have the tongue, pork jowl, spicy tuna and spam musubi.
We tried a new one last night. local corn musubi.
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1700 Post by mark rudner » July 27th, 2018, 9:58 am

when they first opened they had some pycm at very nice prices

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”