New York City Restaurants

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: New York City Restaurants

#2551 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

mark rudner wrote: October 5th, 2020, 1:25 pm
doug johnson wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 8:50 pm Ate at Casa Mono tonight. Borderline awful.
i think i've been there 50+ times but not since february
that's terrible news doug
Mark - We were there for lunch last week and did not find it anything like awful. It was not out of this world, or someplace I'd send a fellow foodie, but the dishes we ordered were tasty and just fine. The wine list has some excellent choices, though it is very expensive. We enjoyed our time there, with very pleasant staff and a couple of bottles. My expectations were not high, given I didn't even know it was still in business, so I wasn't bothered by some heavy-handedness. Perhaps nostalgia helped.
Last edited by Sarah Kirschbaum on October 11th, 2020, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sort of ITB - my husband imports a small amount of sake and I help out

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2552 Post by Robert Dentice »

Ok three big ones!

Another stunning meal at Jua my favorite restaurant of the moment!

Fradei - How the heck did I miss this! Opened in late 2018. A small Italian joint in Fort Greene helmed by two Chef's who last worked at none other than Septime, one of my favorite restaurants in the world!

Aska - And Aska is back and offering lunch! Nothing makes me happier than a long leisurely lunch with massive amounts of riesling! We felt like we were on vacation in Paris or Copenhagen. Funnily even though indoor dining is allowed they set us with a special table in the garden. Magical!!!!!

ITB - source | material

Dillon S

#2553 Post by Dillon S »

doug johnson wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 8:50 pm Ate at Casa Mono tonight. Borderline awful.
I really hope this was a one-off thing. I've eaten here roughly a dozen times, and always loved it. Always loved the authenticity of the dishes, found the pricing to be somewhat fair, and thought they had an amazing selection of Spanish wines. The last time I was here was late January, right after I left the BBWO (Barolo Barbaresco World Open) to be exact, and had a great time.
$ i f l i n g 3 r

Ramon C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2554 Post by Ramon C »

Dillon S wrote: October 11th, 2020, 6:12 am
I really hope this was a one-off thing. I've eaten here roughly a dozen times, and always loved it. Always loved the authenticity of the dishes, found the pricing to be somewhat fair, and thought they had an amazing selection of Spanish wines. The last time I was here was late January, right after I left the BBWO (Barolo Barbaresco World Open) to be exact, and had a great time.
Wife and I had outdoor-dining dinner about a-month-and-a-half ago. Very nice service, with state-mandated Covid ambiance and sanitary-requirements obviously adhered-to and seriously attended to. Wife and I were a little starved with fine restaurant service since we've stayed indoors since early March, and Casa Mono hit our wheel spot.

Ordered 6 shared dishes and stuck mostly with familiar ones we've had over the years since it opened. The Egg Duck Mojama and Black truffles, the Razor Clams a la Plantxa and Oxtail-stuffed peppers were on point.

A cool and solid neighborhood Spanish spot and, given the circumstances, which we hope will stay that way. We will be back, but still no indoors-dining for us (even as the state had allowed limited indoors capacity).
@brera

Dillon S

#2555 Post by Dillon S »

Ramon C wrote: October 11th, 2020, 1:50 pm
Wife and I had outdoor-dining dinner about a-month-and-a-half ago. Very nice service, with state-mandated Covid ambiance and sanitary-requirements obviously adhered-to and seriously attended to. Wife and I were a little starved with fine restaurant service since we've stayed indoors since early March, and Casa Mono hit our wheel spot.

Ordered 6 shared dishes and stuck mostly with familiar ones we've had over the years since it opened. The Egg Duck Mojama and Black truffles, the Razor Clams a la Plantxa and Oxtail-stuffed peppers were on point.

A cool and solid neighborhood Spanish spot and, given the circumstances, which we hope will stay that way. We will be back, but still no indoors-dining for us (even as the state had allowed limited indoors capacity).
Glad to hear that. The Razor Clams used to be one of my go-to dishes. I need to make a trip back there soon.
$ i f l i n g 3 r

doug johnson

#2556 Post by doug johnson »

I really hope this was a one-off thing.
Maybe it was a 1x poor night, given the various defenses of the restaurant posted.

Only 1 of 6 dishes was good, 1 was ok (duck egg and tuna), and the other 4 were bad, including the razor clams which were grossly rubbery.

The 4 bad dishes were bad for various reasons - poorly cooked (razor clams, eg), extremely oversalted, or poorly conceived (a terrible tuna crudo dish), or some combination of the 3.

The bread was stale and its accompanying olives were insipid.

It was so bad I have a hard time imagining it to be good.

Our server was charming, the outdoor seats were available on a Friday night with short notice, and I found a Ribeira Sacra I like at less than 100% mark up from their generally expensive list - these are the reasons why it was not awful, but only borderline.

Jua the next night was excellent, and Kanoyama a week later had more than decent fish and a nice sake.

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2557 Post by Robert Dentice »

doug johnson wrote: October 11th, 2020, 7:01 pm
Jua the next night was excellent, and Kanoyama a week later had more than decent fish and a nice sake.
Happy you made it to Jua!
ITB - source | material

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2558 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

doug johnson wrote: October 11th, 2020, 7:01 pm
I really hope this was a one-off thing.
Maybe it was a 1x poor night, given the various defenses of the restaurant posted.

Only 1 of 6 dishes was good, 1 was ok (duck egg and tuna), and the other 4 were bad, including the razor clams which were grossly rubbery.

The 4 bad dishes were bad for various reasons - poorly cooked (razor clams, eg), extremely oversalted, or poorly conceived (a terrible tuna crudo dish), or some combination of the 3.

The bread was stale and its accompanying olives were insipid.

It was so bad I have a hard time imagining it to be good.

Our server was charming, the outdoor seats were available on a Friday night with short notice, and I found a Ribeira Sacra I like at less than 100% mark up from their generally expensive list - these are the reasons why it was not awful, but only borderline.

My goodness, that doesn't sound anything like our experience, though we also thought the bread was poor. We had the razor clams and, while far from the best we've had, they were not rubbery or overcooked. They were well cleaned, too, which is difficult. Nothing was over salted for us. It sounds like someone was way off in the kitchen the night you were there.

I replied not so much to keep up any semblance of defense - I've no doubt your experience was a bad one - but mostly to tell something interesting about bread. I was talking to a friend who runs a restaurant here in Philly, and he said they've been having a terrible time with bread and outdoor dining, especially when it's humid. What is brought to the table quickly loses texture, and with all the doors open to their small indoor space for ventilation, what's being cut up inside also has issues quickly. I'm not saying a restaurant shouldn't be able to solve this, only it's interesting to hear what new things they are having to deal with.

doug johnson

#2559 Post by doug johnson »

Interesting bread anecdote.

Thanks to Robert and you for the Jua rec and +1 rec - it was certainly the best restaurant meal I've had since March! (Which might sound like faint praise but isn't meant to be!!)

Jay Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2560 Post by Jay Miller »

I was just checking out the Jua website and I see they are one of those incredibly annoying sites which do not list the menu pricing. Clicking through to reservations shows that they offer a 6 course tasting menu but I have no idea if it costs $50 or $5000.

Can anyone help me out there? Thanks.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2561 Post by Robert Dentice »

Jay Miller wrote: October 13th, 2020, 6:14 am I was just checking out the Jua website and I see they are one of those incredibly annoying sites which do not list the menu pricing. Clicking through to reservations shows that they offer a 6 course tasting menu but I have no idea if it costs $50 or $5000.

Can anyone help me out there? Thanks.
Jay - apologies I can't remember the exact amount. I think it is $95-100 for 7 course meal with a $50 supplement for the extra fish in the paella which is enough for 2 people. I think they have priced in between Atoboy and Atomix not sure if this was intentional or not but it fits nicely between those two. Slightly more food and higher end ingredients than Atoboy and less than Atomix.
ITB - source | material

Jay Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2562 Post by Jay Miller »

Thanks Robert! Much appreciated.

That's one of my pet peeves with regard to bad restaurant website design (which is the rule rather than the exception). Right after the sites which devote many easily accessible pages to the chef's philosophy but hide the address and phone number.

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2563 Post by Robert Dentice »

Jay Miller wrote: October 13th, 2020, 7:45 am Thanks Robert! Much appreciated.

That's one of my pet peeves with regard to bad restaurant website design (which is the rule rather than the exception). Right after the sites which devote many easily accessible pages to the chef's philosophy but hide the address and phone number.
One of my pet peeves is that it is always a chore just to find out a restaurants hours of operation!
ITB - source | material

Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2564 Post by Rodrigo B »

Robert Dentice wrote: October 13th, 2020, 8:16 am
Jay Miller wrote: October 13th, 2020, 7:45 am Thanks Robert! Much appreciated.

One of my pet peeves is that it is always a chore just to find out a restaurants hours of operation!
Beyond hours of operation, a big big pet peeve of mine is sitting down at 9pm that says they close at 10 only to be rushed by servers telling me that the kitchen closes in 15-20 minutes so I need to place my orders ASAP.

The other big pet peeve is restaurants with big wine programs with no wine list on their site.
B r @ g @

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2565 Post by Robert Dentice »

Contra is back! And is as great as ever.

ITB - source | material

Faryan Amir-Ghassem¡

#2566 Post by Faryan Amir-Ghassem¡ »

Thoughts on a downtown lunch spot that can accommodate a small business meeting (outside seating) this week (supposed to be lovely out)?
bleh | meh - | meh | meh + | eh? | ehh | yeah | yeah! | OHYEAH

mark rudner

#2567 Post by mark rudner »

Robert Dentice wrote: October 17th, 2020, 7:57 am Contra is back! And is as great as ever.

tried wildair last weekend (10/10) and they were closed for the week.
i guess they were getting contra ready

Tony C

#2568 Post by Tony C »

Faryan Amir-Ghassem¡ wrote: October 19th, 2020, 9:31 am Thoughts on a downtown lunch spot that can accommodate a small business meeting (outside seating) this week (supposed to be lovely out)?
Wu’s
C @ r u c c !

Ramon C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2569 Post by Ramon C »

Faryan Amir-Ghassem¡ wrote: October 19th, 2020, 9:31 am Thoughts on a downtown lunch spot that can accommodate a small business meeting (outside seating) this week (supposed to be lovely out)?
May not be downtown enough, but in Tribeca/Chelsea areas, there is Pastis or Locanda Verde.
@brera

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2570 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Back in NYC this past weekend and had another fantastic meal at Jua and a wonderful lunch at Aska. I can't recommend these highly enough!

Faryan Amir-Ghassem¡

#2571 Post by Faryan Amir-Ghassem¡ »

Ramon C wrote: October 20th, 2020, 12:25 am
May not be downtown enough, but in Tribeca/Chelsea areas, there is Pastis or Locanda Verde.
Was shooting for Pastis but the outside tables are booked at prime lunch hours.
I didn't know the outdoor seating option for LV but that would be great as well!
bleh | meh - | meh | meh + | eh? | ehh | yeah | yeah! | OHYEAH

Ramon C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2572 Post by Ramon C »

Faryan Amir-Ghassem¡ wrote: October 20th, 2020, 6:14 am
Ramon C wrote: October 20th, 2020, 12:25 am
Was shooting for Pastis but the outside tables are booked at prime lunch hours.
I didn't know the outdoor seating option for LV but that would be great as well!
I work across from LV and always see many outdoor tables set up during day time in non-cold winter weather. Problem is I've not been there since early March as I've WFH since. Google says they're taking reservations, though.

Too bad about Pastis. Had a very nice outdoor dinner a couple of months ago.
@brera

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2573 Post by Robert Dentice »

This used to be my favorite thread. NYC dining has and is entering another very challenging period. Putting aside the potential shut down of indoor dining which most restauranteurs fully expect any day now giving the rising Covid numbers. A few weeks ago as the weather got colder, Covid numbers shot up and the focus around the election people seemed to just stop going out. It was eerily apparent and sudden. Gone was the excitement and newfound freedom seen in the summer when restaurants were allowed to open for outdoor dining. We are now seeing restaurants shutdown indefinitely because they just can't manager in the current environment. Truly sad but many will survive and others will be born...

I did have a wonderful meal and overall experience at Hanon a newish Japanese restaurant focused on Udon in Williamsburg. They open in 2019 but with the shutdown it feels new. It is the type of experience where I can't wait to go back. The Geo domes are as good as it gets for outdoor pandemic dining. The menu is extremely large with a diverse set of choices. The food was all fantastic.

Some background:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019 ... e-at-hanon

After lunch we headed over to Face Records, a 5 minute walk, a store that specializes in Japanese imports.

All in all it felt like a quick to Japan!

Also had an outstanding meal at Aska on Friday. There are many new dishes on the dinner menu.
ITB - source | material

Michel Abood

#2574 Post by Michel Abood »

Well, that's a depressing read: https://www.curbed.com/article/nyc-busi ... demic.html

So many restaurants, many of which I went to when we lived in NYC and when I would come back for work, are now gone. I keep hoping once the pandemic is over the city will see a renaissance, but I fear that the forces of gentrification will fill it with bland mass market crap. These vaccines can't come fast enough.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections

Victor Hong

#2575 Post by Victor Hong »

Michel Abood wrote: December 8th, 2020, 11:02 am Well, that's a depressing read: https://www.curbed.com/article/nyc-busi ... demic.html

So many restaurants, many of which I went to when we lived in NYC and when I would come back for work, are now gone. I keep hoping once the pandemic is over the city will see a renaissance, but I fear that the forces of gentrification will fill it with bland mass market crap. These vaccines can't come fast enough.
Fast for sure. But to elsewhere.
WineHunter.

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2576 Post by Robert Dentice »

Michel Abood wrote: December 8th, 2020, 11:02 am Well, that's a depressing read: https://www.curbed.com/article/nyc-busi ... demic.html

Sadly I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg. Restaurants facing a dismal December - February are proactively closing to try to preserve cash with the hopes of fighting for another day. Many will not be able to reopen.
ITB - source | material

Michel Abood

#2577 Post by Michel Abood »

Robert Dentice wrote: December 8th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Sadly I fear this is just the tip of the iceberg. Restaurants facing a dismal December - February are proactively closing to try to preserve cash with the hopes of fighting for another day. Many will not be able to reopen.
Out here in CA we've got another lockdown and restaurants are wondering how to survive. Many more people would support these bans if the government did its job during a crisis and offered assistance to the people it forces to shutdown. I just hope if Cuomo shuts it down again he offers some sort of lifeline to these poor people. Not to get political, but I would strongly urge everyone to sign letters to their reps at https://restaurantsact.com/. If we make enough noise we might save a few places.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections

Victor Hong

#2578 Post by Victor Hong »

Chinatowns are getting crushed, amid that, assaults, and xenophobia.
WineHunter.

Jay Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2579 Post by Jay Miller »

I just want to put in a good word for the Atoboy take out meals. I got their Thanksgiving meal and it was fantastic.

Also, they have individually enclosed tables outside the restaurant with heaters.

Dan Hammer
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2580 Post by Dan Hammer »

I'm staying on West 46th street between 6th and 7th ave next week. Does anyone know of a decent place close by with safe outdoor dining? I don't mind walking 10 minutes in any direction. If you have any good take out suggestions, I'm interested.
This space for rent.

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2581 Post by Robert Dentice »

Had a really amazing take out experience on Friday at a new restaurant in the West Village called Dame:

They do Fish and Chips on Friday and Saturday and during the rest of the week operate more like a deli. My lovely wife made her own Mayo with Yuzo Kosho from SOS Chefs, this plus the Falkenstein made for a wonderful pairing with the Fish and Chips.

The sides were excellent as well

https://damenewyork.square.site

One of my best delivery experience since the Pandemic started.

Also had a special delivery last night from Cagen! I neglected to take photos. WOW! just wow!
ITB - source | material

Paul Jaouen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2582 Post by Paul Jaouen »

Robert Dentice wrote: December 20th, 2020, 8:36 am Had a really amazing take out experience on Friday at a new restaurant in the West Village called Dame:

They do Fish and Chips on Friday and Saturday and during the rest of the week operate more like a deli. My lovely wife made her own Mayo with Yuzo Kosho from SOS Chefs, this plus the Falkenstein made for a wonderful pairing with the Fish and Chips.
I'm always iffy about ordering take out fries. I'm afraid they are going to be soggy or at least not very crisp. I'm glad you had a good experience.
Best,
Paul Jaouen

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2583 Post by Robert Dentice »

Paul Jaouen wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:51 am
Robert Dentice wrote: December 20th, 2020, 8:36 am Had a really amazing take out experience on Friday at a new restaurant in the West Village called Dame:

I'm always iffy about ordering take out fries. I'm afraid they are going to be soggy or at least not very crisp. I'm glad you had a good experience.
These were great. We put them in the oven for a short time and they were perfect. They were thick which helped. I was surprised at how well the Fish traveled.
ITB - source | material

Jay Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2584 Post by Jay Miller »

Hate to be a broken record but I got the Pork Belly Ssam set to go from Atoboy last night and it was fantastic.

I'm especially trying to support them since they lost their outdoor dining area due to the street being dug up to fix some water main issues. Talk about not being able to catch a break...

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2585 Post by Robert Dentice »

Jay Miller wrote: December 21st, 2020, 4:22 am Hate to be a broken record but I got the Pork Belly Ssam set to go from Atoboy last night and it was fantastic.

I'm especially trying to support them since they lost their outdoor dining area due to the street being dug up to fix some water main issues. Talk about not being able to catch a break...
I know. We went the last night of indoor dining.
ITB - source | material

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2586 Post by Robert Dentice »

Jay Miller wrote: December 9th, 2020, 12:17 pm I just want to put in a good word for the Atoboy take out meals. I got their Thanksgiving meal and it was fantastic.

Also, they have individually enclosed tables outside the restaurant with heaters.
I did the new Whole Roasted Chicken Ssam delivery at Atoboy and it was outstanding. They also have a Branzino option. I am going away until next week I hope they are still offering both as I will definitely order again!
ITB - source | material

mark rudner

#2587 Post by mark rudner »

took my gf to marea for her birthday lunch yesterday. they have some tables out front facing the park, but also some out back (side really) in a courtyard.
lots of heaters and warm service. the food was excellent but damn it's hard to stay warm despite lots of wine.
can't help but feel for these people right now.

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2588 Post by Robert Dentice »

mark rudner wrote: December 28th, 2020, 12:45 pm took my gf to marea for her birthday lunch yesterday. they have some tables out front facing the park, but also some out back (side really) in a courtyard.
lots of heaters and warm service. the food was excellent but damn it's hard to stay warm despite lots of wine.
Glad to know they are open.
ITB - source | material

mark rudner

#2589 Post by mark rudner »

hi Robert.
very odd walking past the shuttered ritz central park and four seasons hotels. it's really depressing.
hope all's well

Jay Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2590 Post by Jay Miller »

mark rudner wrote: December 28th, 2020, 12:45 pm took my gf to marea for her birthday lunch yesterday. they have some tables out front facing the park, but also some out back (side really) in a courtyard.
I took Arnold and his mom there on Saturday for a Christmas present (his suggestion) and boy was it cold out there. Service and food was wonderful but it would not have been my choice.
Robert Dentice wrote: December 28th, 2020, 11:50 am
Jay Miller wrote: December 9th, 2020, 12:17 pm I just want to put in a good word for the Atoboy take out meals. I got their Thanksgiving meal and it was fantastic.

I did the new Whole Roasted Chicken Ssam delivery at Atoboy and it was outstanding. They also have a Branzino option. I am going away until next week I hope they are still offering both as I will definitely order again!
The Roasted Chicken is the same dish they had for Thanksgiving dinner and I agree - outstanding.

Branzino is the only one we haven't tried yet.

Robert Dentice
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2591 Post by Robert Dentice »

In case there are any NYers who are not in Miami I thought I would report on a few recent good meals.

Estela is doing a weekend Pop Up called Up in Smoke from 12-4. It is Yakatori focused. I thought it was very good all around. In addition to Yakatori they have two broths, two rices and some great desserts and a fun selection of inexpensive wines. Outdoor seating.

Friday night Fish Fry from Dame has become a Pandemic tradition:

And beating the same drum over and over Jua is just outstanding...
ITB - source | material

Sh@n A

#2592 Post by Sh@n A »

Some recent outdoor dining experiences:
1. Marea, great setup and I did not wear my jacket (as it was in the high 40s), but my companion kept the jacket on. A bit of sidewalk traffic so not totally isolated. A very expensive meal + $75 corkage. Food was good, but difficult to justify the overall price of the meal. Would not return.
2. Benoit, Midtown west. Nice spacing in an open tent with heaters. Jackets on. Loved the food. $50 corkage. Will be back.
3. Scarpetta. Best fancy setup. Outdoor seating with enclosures per table, jackets on. Didn't do corkage, but they offered this in the past... I would guess $50? Snootiest service.. literally would not seat us a few minutes early because they were 'busy'... the tables were empty.. so we had to wait for 20 minutes inside until our alloted reservation time to sit outside. Great food and cocktails. But overall, a pass on the reminder that in NY pre-COVID you are a nobody to some restaurants unless they think you are a somebody. This is when we decided to go to No No No the next weekend.
4. No No No, Flatiron/Murray Hill. We did one of those boxes that line the street, and it felt really safe! we ventilated the box by leaving the door open before coming + they wiped down everything with sanitizer. With the heater on and door closed it warmed up really nice, but we kept jackets on. Felt like a unique, hole in wall experience. $20 corkage. Loved the simple yakitori with a Burgundy! Photos do not look as good as Rob's Estela photots though. Nevertheless so much cheaper than any other option here, and was just as fun and delicious. The chicken thigh and wing yakitori were pretty delicious with simple white rice.
/ @ g r @ \

Rodrigo B
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2593 Post by Rodrigo B »

Sh@n A wrote: February 7th, 2021, 8:27 am Some recent outdoor dining experiences:
1. Marea, great setup and I did not wear my jacket (as it was in the high 40s), but my companion kept the jacket on. A bit of sidewalk traffic so not totally isolated. A very expensive meal + $75 corkage. Food was good, but difficult to justify the overall price of the meal. Would not return.
2. Benoit, Midtown west. Nice spacing in an open tent with heaters. Jackets on. Loved the food. $50 corkage. Will be back.
3. Scarpetta. Best fancy setup. Outdoor seating with enclosures per table, jackets on. Didn't do corkage, but they offered this in the past... I would guess $50? Snootiest service.. literally would not seat us a few minutes early because they were 'busy'... the tables were empty.. so we had to wait for 20 minutes inside until our alloted reservation time to sit outside. Great food and cocktails. But overall, a pass on the reminder that in NY pre-COVID you are a nobody to some restaurants unless they think you are a somebody. This is when we decided to go to No No No the next weekend.
4. No No No, Flatiron/Murray Hill. We did one of those boxes that line the street, and it felt really safe! we ventilated the box by leaving the door open before coming + they wiped down everything with sanitizer. With the heater on and door closed it warmed up really nice, but we kept jackets on. Felt like a unique, hole in wall experience. $20 corkage. Loved the simple yakitori with a Burgundy! Photos do not look as good as Rob's Estela photots though. Nevertheless so much cheaper than any other option here, and was just as fun and delicious. The chicken thigh and wing yakitori were pretty delicious with simple white rice.
Been a fan of Benoit for years. Solid spot right around the corner from my office. Their outdoor dining setup is really slick.
B r @ g @

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2594 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Any news or tips on open or recently reopened places doing well and that might be open on a Monday?

Sh@n A

#2595 Post by Sh@n A »

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: March 19th, 2021, 6:13 pm Any news or tips on open or recently reopened places doing well and that might be open on a Monday?
Racines
/ @ g r @ \

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2596 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Sh@n A wrote: March 19th, 2021, 6:31 pm
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote: March 19th, 2021, 6:13 pm Any news or tips on open or recently reopened places doing well and that might be open on a Monday?
Racines
No longer open on Mondays.

Sh@n A

#2597 Post by Sh@n A »

Sorry about that. Thought someone told me they were there last week!
/ @ g r @ \

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2598 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Sh@n A wrote: March 19th, 2021, 6:43 pm Sorry about that. Thought someone told me they were there last week!
Not according to their website. No worries.

Ethan Abraham
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2599 Post by Ethan Abraham »

Atoboy is open Mondays, going in a couple weeks on a Monday in fact so can report back then.

Sarah Kirschbaum
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2600 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum »

Ethan Abraham wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:06 am
Atoboy is open Mondays, going in a couple weeks on a Monday in fact so can report back then.
Going there Sunday, so need something different Monday. But otherwise agree!

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”