Why Flannery Is The Best...

I know that we ALL know that Bryan Flannery has awesome snacks and the best customer service in the industry. I wanted to pile on b/c he went above and beyond to correct MY mistake.

I ordered a hefty box and instructed him to charge my card on file and ship to the address on file as well…problem being I forgot I am taking Friday off to spend with the wife and won’t be at the office to take ownership of the parcel. I sent Bryan a message late last night. He got in his car, drove to the FedEx sorting facility in Oakland and place a new shipping label on the package. All this at 5:30 PM local time in a boatload of traffic.

Order with confidence.

Bryan is just that kind of guy…but, i think you owe him for that one.

With continuous weekly orders of giant cases of meat, perhaps?

Eyes Only.

burn after reading

I just had the pleasure of speaking with the Man personally. There couldn’t be a nicer guy and after name dropping Tex, he said he was going to throw in a few other Landreth favorites. I’m having 7 people over for dinner and he said I might have leftovers. I very clearly stated that was my dearest hope.

Awesome guy, genuine, and a true pleasure to talk with in person. That story of him driving to Oakland is, however, amazing…

I placed an order for the first time yesterday – I decided to prepare Valentine’s Day dinner for the wife and daughter this year, so I had to order meat from Bryan and a whole foie gras from another source. Bryan handled my relatively small order personally, gave me his personal cell phone number for future purposes, and was generous throughout process. I didn’t drop Bill’s name until after all this happened, and then only for the purpose of telling Bryan how I heard of his products. In any case, if the meat is half as great as my experience with Bryan was (and I suspect it will be at least that based on what I saw when I opened the box today), he has earned a dedicated new customer.

BTW - I am looking forward to pairing Flannery with the 2001 Insignia I have ready for the board wide tasting this weekend. Valentine’s Day rocks!

[notworthy.gif] [notworthy.gif] [notworthy.gif]
[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]
[berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]

You guys do realize that as you continue to publicize how awesome the steaks and customer sevice are that eventually Bryan will be too swamped with orders to personally do everything you’ve experienced. Maybe it’s time to hold back a little to ensure continued phenomenal service.

Kidding aside, I wish Bryan all the success he deserves. It is so rare in this day and age to get that level of customer service that it makes you want to order even more. Of course it helps that what he’s selling is the best available.

I’m more concerned that we’ll use up all his supply and there will be a Flannery Beef Shortage ™. There are only 1/3 of 1% of cows that make it to Flannery level grading. At some point we just run out of raw product (i.e. cows) don’t we?

Hey Bill

are you in anyway affiliated or a partner in Bryan Flannery’s store?

Do you store any of your steaks in his storage locker?

Have you sold anything to him that you may or may not have bought from him back in the day?

Full disclosures are greatly appreciated to avoid any confusion as to your relation with said Flannery.
[diablo.gif] [berserker.gif]

Classic, Jordan! [rofl.gif]

For V’day I’m cooking up a couple of Bryan’s beautiful ~50 day dry aged “private reserve” porterhouse steaks. I’ve been eying these babies since I picked them up on Sunday, and they look simply fantastic - can’t wait to grill 'em up chow 'em down with some 2001 Napa Cab [highfive.gif]

I’ll see if I can’t fit some “steak pron” pics into my schedule [dance2.gif]

Wouldn’t that make them 57-day steaks by then? Just askin’ . . .

For The Record:

1. I have no financial interest in Bryan’s Fine Foods in Corte Madera, CA.

2. I have never in the past sold any food or wine related items to Mr. Flannery or Bryan’s Fine Foods.

3. All my beef/lamb/pork/seafood is stored in my own deep freeze at my parent’s house.

4. I do receive a substantial discount based on my purchase volume and frequency.

5. I have referred too many people to remember to his store and received no kickbacks, favors, etc.

6. I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

That is all.

Bill,

Have you sold rare Flannery to Bryan?