Olive Oil -- It's Here, It's Here!

Kirkland (Costco) Tuscan EV Olive Oil, 2012 vintage. An annual steal at $11.99 per liter. Yeehaw!

Wait, is this like homemade lasagne or Marie Callender’s? [snort.gif]

Hmm . . . don’t know. It never occurred to me to press my own oil. neener

thanks for the tip

You’re welcome.

Does this one come in a metal can? Is it much better than their regular? I think I just bought a jug recently…

It’s usually a steal because it’s so damn fresh.

This comes in a one-liter bottle, Tim. It’s way better than their regular EV, which is also a deal at around $10 for 2 liters, and is useful as a finishing and dipping oil. Compares very favorably to oils costing upwards of $25 per half liter IMNSFHO.

And yes, what Rick said.

Love both the Kirkland tuscan and the silician vintage olive oil. Always fresh, peppery and bright green. Incredible value

I also like Costco’s EVOO, but I absolutely love this one:

[url] http://store.pacificsunoliveoil.com/Tehama-County-Blend-Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil-p/tb.htm[\url]

There’s a Sicilian as well? Woohoo, I’ll be on the lookout.

Otto- I can’t handle that kind of shipping ($12-15) for two 250 ml’s to the Palisades, so I’ll keep getting stuff at the Santa Monica and Palisades farmer’s markets. I like their web site. [cheers.gif]

The silcilian oil usually shows up after the tuscan is gone. In Boston, It’s often May

also a far of the kirkland tuscan olive oil, thanks for the heads up.

recently, when I needed a refill, they were out of it and were instead carrying a kirkland branded spanish extra virgin olive oil, from Arbequina olives, came in a twin pack of one liter glass bottles. I thought this was of a similarly high quality. First time I’d ever seen it, and it was gone a few weeks later… anyone else see or try this one?

Picked up 4 of the Tuscan last week.

I may not be an expert, but have gone through 1/3 of a bottle. It is distinctive from the Tuscany bottle, full flavored, and good. I would recommend it.

And one of the few to pass the Extra Virgin purity test.

I’d forgotten about that, Bone. Good point.

I thought the spanish was a little more nondescript than the Tuscan or Sicilian. Just opened a btl of the new tuscan. Green flavors transitioning to bright pepper. Drizzled on grilled pizza ! A keeper !!!

I looked for these yesterday. Unfortunately, none of the special XVOOs mentioned are available out here in the hinterlands.