Piedmont Restaurant Recs

I’m planning a trip with 3 other friends to Italy during the first week of September. We’re doing Barolo/Barbaresco for 3 days (September 3rd to the 5th). I assume we’ll stay in Alba, unless someone has a better suggestion, during that time, and we haven’t picked any of our lunch or dinner spots. None of us have ever done Piedmont, so would love any and all feedback; preferably places with good seafood (non-shellfish) and pasta options given some of the dietary restrictions of some of the people on the trip.

bump

Alba: La Libera and enoclub

http://www.caffeumberto.it/index-eng.asp

Trattoria della Posta is also excellent and convenient to wineries. Great lunch.

For enjoyment of the area, I wouldn’t stay in Alba. I would choose one of the smaller towns such as Montforte or La Morra. In Monforte there are a couple of great restaurants. Felicin for a nicer meal, a great meal and atmosphere at Le Case della Saracca. I wine bar/restaurant carved in the hillside.

YacobovE,

We had a great meal at both Bovio (La Morra) and Osteria Veglio (Annunziata) a couple of weeks back. La Libera in Alba is good and if you have a car and are adventurous La Cocchinella in Serravale and Il Bunet in Bergolo are splendid and worth the detour.

Best Regards
Jeremy

Great, these are really helpful. Enoclub’s menu looks amazing. Does La Libera have options for non-meat eaters; I wasn’t able to find a menu on their website?

Great, thanks for the recommendations on Montforte and La Morra. How quick of a drive is it from these smaller towns to Alba and Barbaresco? It appears we’re doing our first day in Barbaresco and then Sep 4-5 will all be in Barolo, so less of an issue since these towsn are in spitting distance of Barolo (based on my google maps check). Le Case Della Saracca looks pretty cool, is it a restaurant though or a hotel?

Bovio and Osteria Veglio look like great recommendations. Thanks!

If La Libera doesn’t have it on the menu I would think they would bend to accommodate.
Here is a nice place in Barbaresco Antine Bistrot
The towns were not very far apart.