Disneyland Restaurant rec?? help!

Oyyy…
Family is going to Disneyland in a few weeks…and I guess I’m expected to go…being the father of the family… [snort.gif]
Staying at one of the hotels.
No worries, I’ll live.
Is there a decent restaurant or should I just forget about any good food for a few days?

(help!) newhere

Napa Rose Is first rate in the Grand Californian http://disneyland.disney.go.com/grand-californian-hotel/napa-rose/

Big +1. Sit at the Chef’s counter.

Ah, may be less painful than expected, Doc!

And if you drive 20 mins or so, you could enjoy Marche Moderne at South Coast Plaza. Arguably, some of the best food in OC. http://www.marchemoderne.net/

Great Jim!
I was just looking at Napa Rose - the name threw me off, sounded a little weird, cheesy.
Good to hear it’s first rate. Location will make stumbling back to hotel possible.

Joe, can you sit there with kids?

Nancy, I’m hoping to have a good anesthetic, er I mean wine there.

As I recall, the jelly beans on Main Street are first rate.

Actually there are several fairly good restaurants at Disneyland. We went to Jiko and thought it was excellent. I’ve heard Steakhouse 55 is pretty good. And there are a few others also.

The restaurant is pretty high end, but there’s lots of kids there. The Chef’s counter is 2 different counters with four chairs each. The kitchen is an open showcase type affair where you get to watch the food being prepared right in front of you. The chef comes by and explains all the dishes, nice personal touch. You can do their wine pairing, but I brought a bottle with me ($25 corkage if IIRC). Great, albeit very over-priced, wine list. I wouldn’t do the counter with kids, it’s a lengthy dinner where you take your time with the meal and mingle with the staff. Prob a table would be better where you can let your kids play on the iPad/iPod/iPhone to entertain themselves. Just the thought of multiple days at Disneyland with the family makes me tired. I’ll PM you some tips and a different way to see Disneyland.

Dr. Joe, don’t be so private with the advice. We now have annual passes, which I dreaded, but it let’s us feel ok about going for 3 hours and then heading home (all of 10 mins!). I still don’t use the speed pass thing cuz sometimes your time is hours later, but if you’re staying at the park that could work. Share your ideas!

Haha, I’ll pm you the same info I gave to Dan.

downtown disney has quite a few restaurants, they are all “fine”. Nothing fancy but certainly not all amusement park food. Even ESPN zone is half decent in a pinch.

I don’t know who you are anymore.

someone who likes greasy food while watching sports. Can’t be drinking Dujac all day. Just a lowly ESQ =(

Steakhouse 55 was the other that I considered.

[rofl.gif]

Fwiw, we took our 7 and 10 year old kids to Jiko and had a great time. Service was great, food was a hit, and they has some interesting south African wines also.

I bet I know Joe’s way to enjoy Disneyland. I may need this advice later this year when we take my avatar partner there for the first time. She will be 2.5 years old then.

Thought this was actually very good.

Also enjoyed Napa Rose, a pretty good wine list as well…

Catal has had some ups and downs but usually solid.

As for Napa Rose … pass. Not a fan. Maybe things have changed but I found the food average at best and you can get a better atmosphere at Red Lobster.

Jason