A wasted dinner and 06 Roar

Tonight was parmesan crusted chicken breasts on the grill. Combined with grilled asparagus with 200 year old balsamic vinegar and truffle salt as finishing touches. Opened a 2006 Roar SLH Pinot.

The wine rocks. Huge red and black fruits and berries. Some interesting spices, long finish, a touch of vanilla. Milk chocolate on the finish which goes on and on. Sexy wine, sexy pinot. This is why I love Roar. Siduri is great, Adam always does great things, but what he does with Roar isn’t intellectual, like Siduri, it is all out hedonism.

[berserker.gif] [highfive.gif]

And wine is going through some stages, it ALMOST closed about the 1 hour mark, and then opened again, rocking and rolling.

The chicken is fantastic. The grill parmesan creates this great great crust, adding a richness to the brined chicken breast.

The asparagus is a staple of mine and, well, is always fabulous and a request of my guests on a consistent basis.

AND it makes your pee stinky!!!

200 yr old balsamic?? [shock.gif]

I have 40 and 60 quite frequently…but I cant imagine 200!

Imported personally from London 2X a year. My aunt is a professional chef and turned me onto it. She did restraurant openings in NYC, SFO and Paris before retiring to Mexico (she was also one of the founders of the food network). All my friends order bottles, I’m now the biggest importer in the USA of this balsamic and it rocks. $40/btl which would blow your mind [suicide.gif]

And we get it WHERE?

Exactly…hook it up!

C’mon Jeff give us a link to that balsamico. I have purchased 50 year old and at x3 or x4 the price point, so definitely interested.

Let me know what you want. My spring order is in the works… email or PM. Email preferred. Price subject to change based on the exchange rate but rarely varies by 10%.

Link?? This is a personal connection. I would LOVE to hook people up, and take myself out of the loop. But alas the personal aspect means he’ll sell to me, within limits, but he cannot handle a bunch of calls/emails.

I WANT SOME!

You really think Siduri is intellectual?

Indeed. Just to set expectations I got 24 bottles last year, 12 in spring and 12 in the fall. This was almost 25% of the world’s production. For those of you who emailed me asking for 24, sure keep dreaming. I’ll pull on my connections some more, hoping to increase my allocation, but no promises.

I personally go through 2-3 bottles a year. And we drink it like a H3 drinks gasoline. It is THICK, imagine molasses but thicker. Some of my friends go through a bottle every 2 years. Not because of price, obviously, but due to the richness and the need for only a few drops.

I might bring a bottle to FFII, depending on which pretty lady asks [rofl.gif]

No one has asked the right question yet to get a free bottle…
[diablo.gif]

On second thought, I’m not touching this.

Well, I want a bottle for sure if available. Bring all you want to FFII.

PLEASE!!!

[rofl.gif]

Please isn’t a question punk boy.

Man oh man, no creativity on this board at all today.

How about WHY it was a “wasted” dinner? geez.

uh oh… did I just call the founder and supreme moderator a punk boy?? Crap.
[bye2.gif] [bye2.gif] [suicide.gif]

Please?

Why was it a wasted dinner ?

Too late. Thanks for playing.
[stop.gif]