Flannery: horrible news for us locals

The mall in Corte Madera is trying to balloon Bryan’s rent. Given the majority of his business is phone and internet driven, it is not feasible for him to stay there.

His future plans aren’t concrete yet, but the business will essentially revert to a warehouse style operation, at least for now.

A catastrophic loss for Bay Area foodies.

[cry.gif]

wow

Wow! I was in Mill Valley last Sunday and thought of stopping on my way back home by but had the bed of my truck full of stuff. Drag!

That really sucks for the bay area locals. But, it might actually be good for Bryan as it’ll reduce his overhead without significantly affecting his customer base. I wish Bryan the best of luck with his future plans and will continue to order Flannery meats wherever it’s from.

It may reduce some overhead but there has always been a certain amount of walk in traffic due to the mall that they will lose.
We’ll attempt to order more, I think they will need it.

So, he’s outta there already?

The rent for his store was/is astronomical. I don’t think this will hurt his business what so ever and would guess he would be more profitable eliminating the fancy store.

George

I just got off of the phone with Bryan. He’s moving to a new location in San Rafael the first of 2012. Less (or no) prepared food, more focus on meat and seafood (if that’s possible). We’ll be able to order our favorites, with (hopefully) no interruption in the pipeline. It won’t be a walk-in retail store.

I’m hoping this will maybe result in some cost savings that can be passed along. I don’t order very frequently simply because the prices are pretty high when you include shipping. Great guy, though, and I hope he makes this work.

Won’t affect me. Hope it works out for him. Just placed an order over the net! [cheers.gif]

JD

Just placed a big order for delivery next week. Started calling Brian directly, no answer and his voice mail was full. Before I could even turn around and try and send him an email instead, he called me back. He’s obviously very busy this time of year, so I just got the order placed and let him go. But the usual great service. Looking forward to trying some of his rack of lamb on Christmas Day, never had that before.

So no retail/walk-in presence at all? I am unclear since you indicated he might still offer prepared food.

So I went to tour Bryan’s new facility and pick up some stuff to head North to wine country.

Its current location is North of Corde Madera about a mile in the warehouse district, he is building a production set up, to cut, age and ship his product. He is also building/built a sizable freezer, some of his larger accounts are ok with frozen food.

He still has a bit of work ahead of him.

He has a brother who has a kitchen and he hopes that they can work out some thing for his pantry and sauces, other wise he was looking @ 500K.

Just happened to order some skirt and hanger steaks yesterday!