St. Louis Dining?

Are there any dining destinations of note, lowbrow or highbrow, in St. Louis? I’ll be there the next several days on business and will have some evenings to explore.

Thanks in advance.

-Nathan

Whatever you do, don’t eat the pizza.

In part, it depends on where you’re staying. In Clayton, we like The Crossing, Pomme, Araka and I Fratellin. Central West End our favorite is Brasserie Niche. Downtown Tony’s, Sidney Street Cafe or Niche. The latter two are close to the Budweiser brewery.

All of these place have websites you can check out.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Schlafly Tap Room has excellent beer and food. It is downtown. Here’s link to their website

Thanks. I’ll check these out. A few of which were already on my radar so I’ll take your recommendations. I’m staying at the Hyatt Regency at the Arch if that helps further.

Has anyone been to Bridge Tap Room and Wine Bar? That one looks quite intriguing.

Pappy’s Smokehouse – Good BBQ

Farmhaus - Young chef won best young chef for the midwest from food and wine mag this past year. Small place, very unique/affordable and well thought out wine list. Although the food is very impressive, the atmosphere is relaxed. Everyone always seems to be enjoying themselves when I go. Service is excellent every time I have gone as well.

Finish up at 33 wine bar in Laffeyette Square. The beer selection is top notch here as well.

Although I see Schlafly recommended, STL is growing significantly in craft breweries beyond Schlafly which is a decent choice I will agree. Look up Civil LIfe, Urban Chestnut, Perennial, Six Row, and even visit www.stlhops.com/st-louis-beer-guide to see a full list along with restaurant recommendations.

Pizza: Yes I agree avoid the provel st. louis style, but try the Good Pie or Pi if in the mood for pizza.

Enjoy

I’ve only been there once, but I can vouch for both Pomme and Pi Pizza.

Niche and Acero are my go to spots now. Pappys is good, as is The Shaved Duck. Not a fan of my single farmhaus experience. The Crossing is good too (sister spot to Acero and Liluma) but a bit of a haul for you.

Missed this post earlier before I replied, but yes, if you haven’t been already, the Bridge is an excellent choice for your location. Best craft beer location downtown. I think 25-35 on tap. Wine list is fair as well. 33 wine bar is just down the road in Lafeyette Square.