Bacon Jam (or Bacon Spread)

Anyone ever make some? What were your thoughts on the outcome? I was thinking this might be a cool holiday gift for some foody friends.

I was looking at this recipe and it sounds great, but would definitely be an investment to make as it requires 3lbs of bacon… and my tendency would be to use the good stuff. I was also surprised by the addition of coffee.

Anyone have another recipe they would like to share?

Mike,

When trying something new … I think I would 1/3 the recipe

Now your down to just 1 lb of bacon

Paul

I’m thinking a double batch is on order. There is no way that isn’t delicious.

Agreed, it certainly sounds amazing, but I’ll probably go with Paul’s suggestion first and cut the quantity down. 1/3 recipe would still yield 2 cups of potential goodness. [wow.gif]

I’ve made a spin on this recipe several times. Love it. Great as a filling for aebleskivers, on toast, used it as a filling for little pie crust dough rollups.

I’d love to try making some at home, but I just buy it at the market.

http://www.skilletstreetfood.com/shop.php

I am aware of that product, never tried it though. Would be interesting to compare it to a homemade version…

Skillet’s spread is pretty tasty, although I’m intrigued by the recipe you posted (especially the coffee ingredient). Please post a follow up if you make it!

Looks like the weather is cooling down enough this week and through the weekend for me to make a batch (didn’t want a pot simmering on my stove for several hours during a heatwave). Stay tuned…