for dinner tonight....

Take two center cut bone in pork chops.

Marinate in a big ziplock bag with white wine, olive oil, fresh rosemary and garlic for at least 4 hours.

In a second ziplock, combine a mixture of bread crumbs, your favorite spices, fresh grated parmesan reggiano cheese, masa harina and flour and toss the chops until coated.

pan sear in olive oil until golden brown on each side… transfer to baking dish and bake at 400° until internal temp is 130°.

In the pan you seared the chops, you can make a port reduction sauce or whatever other sauce you want.

Tasty stuff…

Rob - how did it come out? How was the texture of the pork after marinating for 4 hours?

Tonightwill be a nice $5 foot long after Crossfit. Maybe a little roasted chicken breast on italian herb and cheese. Don’t be jealous.

[good.gif]

Came out great. It’s really easy to overcook pork and make it stringy and tough. The best investment I ever made in cooking was a meat thermometer. I usually like to marinate overnight but 4 or 5 hours was good enough. I used some 07 Cameron Hughes Lot 91 RRV Chardonnay for the marinade. It didn’t cut it as a great drink but that doesn’t mean it has to die… The wine took to the pork well.

Dare I say…“Shake and Bake?”

I can’t lie, I definitely have some shake ‘n’ bake in the pantry. Nothing like a CA syrah to pair it up.

pretty much but with much more style [gen_fro.gif] and no MSG.

American Bison Strip Loins with baked potatoes and bi-color corn with garlic, shallot and fresh thyme.

Wine is 2005 Long Shadows Pirouette.

sounds good… even with bisexual corn.

Easy tonight - ordering Chinese food with a 96 Capoutier Croze - Hermitage…with PMC and Rico (not sure what they’re bringing) [shrug.gif]