Flannery recommendation?

I want to pop my Flannery cherry. I love bone-in rib eyes. How’s Bryan’s rib steak?

Go for the gusto and do a ribcap!

I love their ribeyes. 45 day for me. Both bone in and bone out. If that is your preferred cut, do it. Yeah Melissa has a point, but honestly stick with your “safe zone” and try the Flannery for comparison. That will convert you to the cult. Then slowly move away from your safe zone, trusting Flannery, and get other cuts.

I’ve never done the rib cap, but have had the ribeyes, strips, filets, lamb, porterhouse at all different ages and thickness cuts, and that was an epiphany. Follow my lead and get yourself into the ribcaps later.
[drinkers.gif]

Whatever you do…call and talk to Bryan F. (there are multiple Bryans there). Tell him what you like, what you don’t etc…He will give you something that wont disappoint.

Agree with Jeff to start on something that you can be familiar with as to have something for comparison purposes and then move on from there.

Just ask for a starter kit:

go big or go home.

Is that enough?

For me and Kristi…yeah.

thanks for all the tips and recommendations.

Sampler pack [dance2.gif]

In all seriousness, get some two inch thick rib-eyes at 45 days and some hanger steaks.

Bill, how long does that sampler pack last you?

BTW I have got to order some Flannery soon, probably for Oscar night…

Are you up for one? OR is Oscar your significant other? [bye2.gif]

Always up for a good steak and can’t believe I haven’t ordered any yet!!! Oscars as in Academy Awards…

hmmmm clearly I’m not as clever as I thought with my phrasing. Oh well… I amused myself.
[help.gif]

A couple of months.

How long will the meat last in the freezer? And what are your defrosting procedures?

Hope I’m not asking too many questions but you are the KOM

Freezer, at least 6 months. Being dry aged, a lot of the moisture is gone so you run into few problems with compromising the cellular walls during freezing.

I am STRONGLY against freezing most foods. I think they get a funny flavor with freezing. With Flannery 30 and 45 day meats, I’ve not experienced anything “off”, and I’d challenge anyone to blindly taste
“fresh” Flannery vs. frozen and pick it out reliably.

Defrost overnight in the fridge. A few friends I know defrost on the counter, more power to them, I’m a bit more paraniod food handling wise so defrost in the fridge. No problems.

Let me know if you want a sous chef [dance2.gif]

Agreed get aged 2 in. steaks…I love the strips. My wife is now officially addicted to rib-caps. Do both…its all good…

John

I guess six months. Never stays around that long. I routinely will freeze upwards of 40 lbs and have seen no issues with any of the cuts that I buy. Having said that, I ate the veal porterhouses within a month of freezing.

Do you stick all of the meat in the freezer at one time or do you do some of the order on day 1 and then more on day 2 etc…?