BeefHunter - Cherry Hill, NJ

Stopped by Wegmans today in cherry hill and noticed a new selection of steaks from most of the primals sourced from a local farm in PA. The meat is all frozen, but the quality looks top notch with great marbling. The ribeye steaks look amazing and at $14.99/lb this is going to be a definite try. I thought some of the people in the South Jersey/Philly area may be interested in the find.

Wonder if they are getting the same meat in Princeton?

What does it say on the label, how can I identify if it’s the same?

I forget the name of the farm and what was on the package. I didn’t buy any because I was on my way to work and just stopping in for a quick bite, but I will be sure to get you that information tomorrow or saturday.

Hempt Bros Farm in Camp Hill, PA

Thank you. If I see it up here I’ll post about it.

I picked up one of their Ribeye steaks today. Looks like nice marbling, but I think I missed out on some of the better pieces by sitting on it a few days. I’ll have to post of pictures and such when I make it.

No pictures, sorry. Ribeye was nice, but not great. I think part of the problem was that it was only 1" thick. I prefer something closer to 1.5" myself.

I’ve been buying prime from Costco when I can find it. If one picks over the beef there are some really good steaks usually. And sometimes they cut them double thick, that is always the best.

My wife works in Princeton so it will be a while before I can convince her to have a look. And I’m not sure I trust her to judge the marbling…

Where is Peter Kleban when I need him??