Superbowl party food~What are you making?

Or looking forward to eating?

I’m cooking a poultry chili, cubed chicken thighs and ground turkey. They didn’t have any turkey thighs at Wegmans, so I sub the cheekin. Then I also produce the obligatory guacamole.

Things that I have had in the past and hope to again:

Endless variations on the eggroll
Sushi
Sub sandwiched of the 8ft. variety
Buffalo wings~real ones, no KFC wannabees!
Lasagne
Stacey will make her world famous (almost) 7 layer dip.

Truly it is a great day for the omnivore in all of us!!!

Big bowl of shredded wheat. WAY too much beef last night at Philip’s.

I’m going over to Phil’s house to watch the game. I know he ordered some Kobe steaks which we’ve had before and are very Flannery like. I’m not sure about side dishes but my wife is making a pear tart for dessert.

Oh, I’m taking over a mag of 70 Mayacamas that Phil and I bought together and a 89 Pichon Baron.

Too bad you don’t have guests coming over - you could share.

We’re going to a party at the SiL house.

Two stops for us:

1. BiL’s. I’m bringing some of my much lauded spicy lentil, pancetta & ham soup. Don’t know the menu there but sure he’ll have the requisite wings among other vittles.

2. Wife’s best friend. Wife made Chex Mix to bring along. Know for sure there will be pulled pork, wings and Frito Pie (yuck).

Will probably stick to beer. Blue Point Winter Ale seems to be today’s flavor.

Have a fruitful Super Bowl y’all. [cheers.gif]

We’re making pizzas with the kids. Not sure how much of the SB our 5 year-old can take…

Some Prime Steaks, Fresh Guac, and Corn and Red Pepper Medley.
Wash it down with A LOT of beer. I’m so glad I live 2 blocks away from a delicious Brewery

A delicacy in some parts of the country below the intelligence - err, Mason-Dixon - line.

“Load your own” grilled pizzas.
We grill individual pizza doughs on the bar-b-q ahead of time and then set them out along with various toppings. You make your own and then we pop them in the oven for a short warm-up.
E|verybody gets what they ant and doing the dough that way makes it almost cracker-like.
Best, Jim

Who the hell broke into Bill’s account and started posting?

Beef overload? You said you were immune to such things. Now I need to find a new playmate during FFII. [dance2.gif] No wonder you suggested pizza rather than Fogo de Chao on Friday night
[tease.gif]

Two and a half pounds of Domestic Wagyu shoulder clod just went on the smoker.

[laughingneqw.gif] [laughingneqw.gif] [laughingneqw.gif]

Pizza Margherita (Trader Joe’s pizza dough) in a little while and Rosemary Lamb chops for later!

After my dinner last night and my brunch this morning, I believe I’ll have either Alka Seltzer or syrup of ipecac.

After a huge, huge dinner out with friends last night (Restaurant Tallent in Bloomington, IN, which rocks by the way) skipped breakfast. Wings, celery and artichoke dip as a snack. During the game an experimental soup, bratwurst, cheddar and morel. We’ll see. Smells outstanding.

John