So excited, my first All Clads arrived today!

I have been cooking for almost twenty years, a few of them professionally; all of them passionately. I have always wanted an All Clad or two (or thirty). My first two came today, one 9 inch fry pan and one eleven inch. I am so ready to break them in on sunday.

Very nice. Which ones did you get? They have quite the line. I have been thinking about these for a while.
If only 7-11-15-21-25-and 33 would show up on ping pong balls one Saturday, I would be all set.
T.

so good

Congrats! you’ll never go back, I love mine and take Mel’s suggestion for the Bar Keeper’s Friend, it will keep them like new.

You’re going to wait until Sunday!?! What’s wrong with you, man?!? That’s like culinary masturbation.

We also use Barkeeper’s Friend on our All-Clad’s, but do so very sparingly … after all, it is an abrasive.

Count me as another who’s curious which line you went for.

I would have pulled them out and done something with them immediately. Sunday is a week away for cryin’ out loud.

Not me, I use plenty and the pans look just fine 4 years in service… YMMV

I got a set 13+ years ago for my wedding. I just use steel wool when they get grungy. No issues for me. I love mine.

William sonoma set? Sounds like it, I have it and I like it!

This voids their lifetime warranty. Check-out their website if you don’t believe me.

Instead of steel wool, Barkeepers Friend or Bon-ami are your friends.

I believe you, but at some level I don’t care. They are just pots. At the rate they are going I am sure they will still be fine in another 25-30 years.

Fair enough & I hear ya. It just so happens that I have a 12" fry pan that I need to return because the bottom has a slight ridge that prevents it from sitting completely flush on our ceramic cooktop – if I had used steel wool on it (and said use was obvious) I’d be out of luck with respect to returning it. So, I hope your AC’s don’t develop any problem that would normally have you wanting to return any of them; they do seem as though they are built like tanks, so your lack of worry is probably appropriate. [cheers.gif]

They are the D5 two pan set from Williams Sonoma. $130 and free shipping with promo code. Thanks for the cleaning tips.

Got the LTD 10 piece set plus bonus stuff for $500 a year ago and couldn’t be more happy. They cook better than na==anything I’ve ever used.

Now if I could fine a Le Creuset 9.5 quart oval for a reasonable price I’d be happy.

I’d still use steel wool before any kind of strong chemicals to clean my pans…

Outlet with a coupon. (25%, 30%)
great deals could be had for ‘seconds’.
Most are a slight blem that has no impact on how it cooks.

My objection to All-Clad has always been the handles on the saute pans, sauce pans and skillets. The only comfortable way to hold them is with your thumb down the groove, which is asking for tendinits in your wrist. I find that the edges cut into the pad on the heel of my hand.

Anyone?

There’s an outlet not too far but the $ is the same. Where do you get the coupons?