Steaks and cote rotie, and other wines

A gorgeous 72F evening, finally back to normal temps here in ABQ. Sat on the patio, watched the sunset and had some friends over.

NV Roederer Brut Premier Champagne to start. My house champagne and gorgeous as always.

Then Whole Foods Choice Ribeyes with 1999 Burgaud Cote Rotie. These were some of the best WF ribeyes I’ve had in a long long time. Not Flannery but very very flavorful. The CR was popped and poured. It needed a decant but was nice enough early on that we let it evolve naturally. Wow it really blossomed over 3 hours. Roasted meats, aged meats, smoke, spice, minerals. Classic cote rotie that was singing and almost life changing at hour 2. In another 7-10 years this will be LPR lol

Did the ribeyes with a wilted spinach salad, heriloom tomatoes, fresh avocado with alderwood smoked salt, bacon and oil vinagrette with 200 year old balsamic drizzled on top with some garlic croutons. Yeah, I can put on a show.

Dessert was grand marnier infused creme brulee with a 1994 Tirecul La Graviere Monbazillac which was a perfect match. A very very young Monbazillac, with huge botrytis. Decades left in life.