Clam Chowder with Chassagne

Tonight’s dinner was a New England-style Clam Chowder. We’d had a big breakfast (for a change), so decided to eat light this evening. The choice was between crab-stuffed avocado and clam chowder. Since we’re still in the middle of winter-like weather (the day started sunny, but quickly clouded up and temps never rose above the low 40sF), we had the chowder. It was enjoyable with a fruity 2004 Domaine Marc Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru ‘Les Caillerets’ - medium yellow-gold in color; rich nose and flavors of flowery, spicy white fruit; a rich flowery mid-palate with ok acidity; and long, spicy fruit finish. It was a good match for he rich, creamy clam chowder.

No dessert tonight, we’ll just watch the Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix (via TiVo) without any help.

Homemade, store prep with homemade additions, take out???

A can of Progresso NE Clam chowder and a can of Chicken of the Sea Baby Clams; drained the clams; added heavy cream & half & half to the clam juice to make a cup & a half; added the clams and the cream - clam juice mixture to the soup; and heated and served. Quite easy.

Sounds great, and a good idea, but I do find it a bit funny that you called this ‘eating light’, with the heavy cream and half&half…

If that’s eating ‘light’ to you, I hope one day I can eat with you a truly rich meal!! [drinkers.gif]

It was ‘light’ in quantity, not in flavor.

just a cup of soup for you!

Actually, it was two small bowls each.

I’m with ya. How can you not, if it tastes as good as that probably was?

I’m a ‘eat for taste’ guy, not an ‘eat until you are full’ guy…

It was just the right quantity for sharing the bottle of Chassagne.

I’ve used that excuse also!

Next time, though, open a mag

[good.gif]

Naw, I’d rather have two different wines, instead of more of the same.

(I cannot believe no one else posted the Soup Nazi yet)