It's Friday 3/27/2009...What's Everyone Eating This Weekend?

Tonight–something quick and easy as Kristi is heading out for a girls’ night out.

Tomorrow–Oven roasted King Crab legs.

Sunday–TBD

Well, if our guests still decide to show up tonight (Ella has a very slight fever), we’ll have the butternut squash ravioli with browned sage butter. If not, probably something lame.

Tomorrow, Middle Eastern food at Frank’s house with Pinot and Chard

Sunday, friends are making me a birthday dinner - not sure what, but it’s bound to be good.

Trying out a new pizza place tonight with a few friends. Pizzeria Nostra in San Francisco.

Tomorrow - don’t know and Sunday, don’t know yet.

Tonight after an Italian tasting at Susan’s, we’ll have pasta with a Mushroom Alfredo sauce.

The rest of the weekend is TBD.

Tonight - Sushi

Tomorrow - Thai and Riesling with Salil Benegal

Sunday - AYCE Moules frites and Belgian beer with friends in the city

Tonight: spicy Italian sausage tossed with steamed spinach, penne pasta, sauteed onions and mushrooms folded in with goat cheese

Saturday: marinated dewars skirt steaks, baked potatoes and grilled asparagus

Sunday: Pot roast with homemade gravy and Kasha (for dads bday)

WTF? [dontknow.gif]

Tonight: What a coincidence! Maybe I’ll run into you there tonight, Tony V. Are you bringing wine? Just got a 2007 Graillot blanc, maybe it would go with certain pizza?

Tomorrow: various foods that pair with PN

Strange coincidence indeed…we’ll be there around 5:15pm what time will you be there? And yes, i’ll bring something pizza appropriate…

Dewars is a local butcher here in Beantown

Tonight: We’re having some really nice NY Strip steak’s.

Have no clue about the rest of the weekend.

Tonight we’re having a spinach salad and penne with an artichoke & lemon sauce. Wine pairing: my own 2007 Flying Wine Cellars SBC Roussanne.

Craig has a 3-day trip starting tomorrow, so I’m having ahi poki with tortilla chips. Maybe more Roussanne. [cheers.gif]

Sunday is up for grabs.

Do they have the prime New York strips and rib eyes at your local Costco? I saw them in LA when I was down a few weeks ago. They were a total steal for $9/lb

So far dinner with Ed K, Michelle, Tina & Glenn and Traci and I was awesome at Pizza Nostra…wow, best pizza I’ve had in the bay area…Naples pizza anyway…

Friday: Jocelyn is with her mom so Mike is coming over for filets, asparagus, and fingerling potatoes on the grill. Asparagus with 200 year old balsamic and black hawaiian sea salt, potatoes with truffled salt and rosemary and the filets simply with S&P, EVPP and garlic. 2004 Turley RRV Zin.

Sat: no clue
Sun: no clue

The weekend started early for me with Fiday lunch at a favorite French brasserie - the French chef’s version of Daniel Boulud’s Escargots with Chicken Oysters, Hazelnut Spätzle; then another appetizer of seared foie gras; main course was cassoulet with duck leg confit; dessert was pears poached in red wine topped with homemade nougatine ice cream. Wines were 2007 Raimbault-Pineau Pouilly-Fumé, 1978 Château Siran (Margaux), 2001 Guigal Côte Rôtie Brune et Blonde and 2001 Guigal Gigondas.

Friday dinner was at home with the wife and kids, since the latter are now officially on summer vacation, they had asked the cook to make teppanyaki steak (US Angus rib-eyes) with Japanese fried rice and stir-fried bea sprouts. After dinner was at a friend’s house, walking distance from the house, for some Belgian ales, sausages, hams, pizzas, etc.

Saturday - my wife and I have to attend the debut of a firm partner’s youngest daughter. It’s going to be a big, dressy affair and I have no idea what the food or wine will be.

Sunday - my family is spending the whole day at a relative’s farm. I’m escaping from that and playing golf. I’ll probably dine alone at home as the wife and kids always get home late from that farm, so I’ll just ask the cook to make me a salad and some spaghetti with a simple tomato and basil sauce.

Friday - nasty burnt pre-packaged burgers and baked beans out of the can at a mandatory fun, must go work thing. Upside is spending time w/ friends. Downside, besides the food, is spending time w/ enemies.

Saturday - Grilled lamb rib chops seasoned w/ some Pensey’s lamb stuff, olive oil etc. Carrots w/ butter and toasted cumin.

Sunday - I have a giant rib-eye. I’ll grill it and share with my sons. Probably roast some broccoli with garlic and EVOO to accompany the dead cow.

David [1974_eating_popcorn.gif]

Burnt pre-packaged burgers??? Dave, I feel for you my friend.

Enemies?? Don’t you have a pavehawk you can feed them into?? :wink:

Sunday?? I’ll be right over… I’d be there Sat as well but with the rotation of the earth I’m already late… [dash1.gif]

Looks like my weekend with Ed continues…tonight a multi course dinner at our friend Christianne’s house. All things Pinot will be included: Pinot Blanc, Pinot gris, Pinot Noir, Pinot Nero…

Tonight - pan-grilled U/10 scallops with organic corn.