It's Friday 3/20/2009...What Are Y'all Eating This Weekend?

Tonight…Pizza BYOB OL with some fellow Berserkers

Tomorrow…Flannery Hanger Steak with roasted fingerling potatoes and Brussels Sprouts

Sunday…Salmon or Mahi

Tonight: Dewar’s AA4 grade wagyu strip steaks, cheesy risotto, steamed broccoli

Saturday: Chicken teriyaki kabobs with red/green peppers, onions and mushrooms over a bed of white rice

Sunday: ?

Rico’s on some serioius Wagyu kick these days.

I need to ask the question:

How do you guys have, for the most part, all this planned out so far in advance every weekend? Little room for whim, improvisation…I rarely know unless it’s a well-in-advance planned social activity with friends. It’s mind-bottling.

Since food and wine run my life, I always have a pretty good idea what Friday and Saturday nights will be. Wine selection is the hard part.

I went deep when Dewar’s had the AA3 and AA4 on sale for $24.99 per lb a few weeks back

Friday night - Salad and US Black Angus Sirloin with '88 Calon Ségur, '85 La Conseillante, '89 Lynch Bages and '98 L’Evangile. Notes to follow.

Saturday and Sunday - Still no idea.

Leftovers … of

50# lamb racks, my fresh-lavender spice rub
10# pork baby backs
8 gallons bouillabaisse with real Spanish saffron
12 grilled portabellas stuffed with gorgonzola
miscellaneous grilled vegies and winery-baked coriander bread, brushed with orange/olive oil and herbs

Tonight - Some sort of soup after wine tasting (Oz Wines) at Susan’s
Tomorrow - Braised and crisped pork belly on rice
Sunday - TBD

I hope this is for more than two people.

Yeah, but I always have to pad the order a bit to account for nibbling … [blush2.gif]

Plus in the last few minutes it seems we’ll get some poundage of ground lamb from the frenching, so I’ll pick up some minibuns and burger makings for lamb burgers for our staff and friends.

Tonight – Wife’s B-day and she’s on a beef kick, so probably a dry aged NY or prime rib. I don’t know nearly as much as you all when it comes to steak, but the butcher at our local Wegman gives us some ridiculous stuff. Since it’s her birthday, and her favorite cab, will probably pair with the 05 Maybach. I may have to get into the Ovid or Hundred Acre though to see what all the hate is about.

Saturday – Babysitter at last. Going downtown. We’ll either go tapas hopping, or seafood at Hook. Wine off the list.

Sunday – Babysitter round 2 (really, this never happens). Driving out to VA wine country for local Vigonier, Cab Franc and finger food.

Nothing planned in detail yet, but I have some Gulf shrimp and Whole Paycheck NY Strips in the freezer so I’ll be grilling one night and making shrimp and grits another night.

Tonight is pizza at at the Beserker offline.

Tomorrow night is Beef Short Ribs plus pot luck at another offline.

Sunday night is TBD.

Wife is sick so maybe some soup tonight. Hopefully a couple of steaks tomorrow, we’ll see how she feels. Have no clue for Sunday night.

Friday - Pizza

Saturday - Wedding Food

Sunday - ?

Not such a bad place for a mind to be, if you ask me [cheers.gif]

Same here-- we rarely decide what we’re having until the day we’re having it! The schedule so far appears to be:

Friday: something quick at home.
Saturday: something out.
Sunday: something nice at home.

Be careful with those bottled minds, Hermano. They can be abby-normal.

Our meals are discussed during the day at work, something like this:
5:00PM We talk about a steak and baked potato with an ice cold wedge salad covered in blue cheese
6:00PM Well maybe we’ll do fajitas and a zin
7:00PM Maybe it’ll have to be a homemade pizza and a zin
8:00PM OK, it’s gettin’ late, it’ll have to be Kraft Mac & Cheese with that zin
9:00PM A bowl of cheerios or frosted mini wheats and we’ll let the zin breathe 'til tomorrow. [shrug.gif]

Friday turned into Pizza Hut and Clarendon Greanche. Meh.