Swimming in Meyer Lemons

Received this week, 5-6 pounds of Meyer Lemons from my mom’s 30+ year old tree in So Cal…making Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars on Sunday, maybe some Meyer lemonade ice cubes for the summer (courtesy of A DeMello)…any other suggestions?

Lemon chiffon pie (my personal fav), Meyer Lemon Ice Cream, Limoncello w/ the rind, candy peel, Orange Almond Cake (but with Meyer lemon), preserved lemons, Lemon curd, lemon olive oil, send some to me.

…sorry. I love lemons much more than one should. :frowning:

Would you share more on the Meyer lemonade ice cubes idea? Is the idea to make ice cubes out of lemonade so that when they dissolve, they don’t water down the lemonade?

Lemon merengue pie? That was a specialty of my late mom. I order it whenever I see it on the menu (in whatever form, tart citron, etc) because it reminds me of her. None have ever been as good as hers though, but, I’m sure, that’s sappy sentimentality on my part.

Kara - I also eat these things raw…I love lemons as well and grew up eating these off the tree.

Cheryl - this was Aaron’s suggestion and i need to do some investigating. My initial thought is that you just eat the ice cube like you would a popsicle…albeit an ice cube sized popsicle.

I had a meyer lemon tree when I lived in So Cal, and the fruit made the most delicious granita. I’ll also second Kara’s suggestion to make limoncello. I did that last year, and it’s a real crowd pleaser.

I will make a Granita…have already made one with earlier ripening lemons…it was terrific!!! Served it in frozen hollowed out lemon shells.

google Preserved lemons

Meyer Lemon chicken!

Rao’s Lemon Chicken. Google the recipe.

My top two suggestions: Granita / Sorbet and Meyer Lemon Risotto, serve it with some pan fried white fish like sole or halibut or snapper… amazing.

If you enjoy Indian food and want to try something kind of different, you can make lemon pickle - quite a few online variations, all of which involve putting sliced-up lemons, salt, and a bunch of wacky Indian spices in a jar and leaving the contents to cure in the sun for a freakishly long period of time (1-4 weeks).

Seems all very strange, but it turns into something absolutely delicious as an accompaniment to curries or grilled meats.

Along those lines, I have had a “desert” rice from India that involved lemon juice as a component of the cooking liquid for the rice along with candied lemon peel incorporated into the finished product. It also had cardamon, cloves and cinnamon.

Okay a brief update:

Made Meyer Lemonade this morning and then am freezing the lemonade in ice cube trays to have some Meyer lemonade popsicles…

Last night, made Meyer Lemon chicken breast over mushroom/brown rice with steamed broccoli. Delicious

This morning making Meyer Lemon sorbet…

Have eaten a bunch straight…no chance of scurvy for me.

Next up Meyer lemon risotto, maybe some meyer lemon asparagus…more lemonade…I’m in heaven

[dance2.gif] Welcome to the club! [dance2.gif]