Favorite salad dressing recipes?

I make a great Cesar dressing, and a few others, but recently this has been my go to. It really makes a nice emulsion:

Sour + sweet + mustard + oil + flavorings (optional)

My go to uses champagne vinegar and sugar and olive oil. I also do one with balsamic and very little sugar and olive oil. And I do one with white wine vinegar and vegetable oil with a touch of sugar that I use as a sauce for charred Brussels and cauliflower.

1 Like

I make a shallot dijon vinaigrette that I like with bitter greens, crispy duck confit with a fried egg on top

can be used as a salad dressing but I use it mainly as an artichoke dip: mayonnaise, a little soy sauce, sriracha. Adjust to your heat tolerance.

Bit of balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, shallots, olive oil, black pepper. We always have tomatoes in the salad, so those get salted to release some juices. Then either blue or goat cheese crumbles

20210824_124023.jpg

I make the same using Meyer lemon juice instead of vinegar.

Caesar Salad Dressing: mashed tinned anchovies and the oil it comes in, good olive oil, lemon juice (not vinegar), hot sauce or ground cayenne, lots a fresh ground pepper, dry mustard, good Regiano, all whisked together and hand worked into young Romaine leaves with more Regiano and more freshly ground pepper. Simple and delicious.

Just finished making our home’s standard vinaigrette - 2 to 1 ev olive oil to champagne vinegar + Dijon + shallot + garlic + fresh thyme or tarragon + S&P

I don’t usually measure anymore. I wing it with below ingredients.

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt
freshly ground pepper
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 small garlic clove

Our go to is basically the same w balsamic vinegar instead of champagne and a touch of soy

When I have preserved limes. When I don’t, leave them out.

Preserved lime peels
fresh mint leaves
Meyer lemon juice
Coconut vinegar (or champagne, white wine, any lighter vin)
Walnut oil
Dijon mustard
Black pepper

it’s so basic, it’s comical but my house dressing is:

• olive oil (best you have)
  • Worcestershire sauce (underutilized flavor / umami ingredient imo)
  • rice vinegar
  • S/P

I make dressing almost everyday. I have some fancier recipes I like, but mostly I do dijon, best quality olive oil, red wine vinegar (or other), salt, and
maybe whatever herbs are in the house. Or not. Sometimes garlic or shallot. Honestly, getting fancy isn’t necessary to me if I have good greens. And I dislike sweet elements in general. A tiny touch of honey for very bitter greens. Never sugar.

Yep, my everyday go to is simple and gets drizzled over and tossed into the salad. Salt, vinegar and either olive oil or walnut oil, lots of black pepper.

I do the same. Good mustard, EVOO and whatever vinegar I am in the mood for. Sometimes a chopped shallot, particularly when using the “dressing” also as a marinade for chicken (often to eat with the salad), or if I am using balsamic, I may add a little freshly grated cheese. And likewise, never sugar.