Using the dark green part of leeks?

Made bouillabaisse with the white and light green parts of a leek. Any ideas for the other ends other than thrown them into stock?

Throw them is a blender with some apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and jalapeño.

1 Like

That makes about a gallon of salad dressing. From one leek? And the rest? I was thinking your idea with limited oil and vinegar, Indian spices and make Paleek Paneer.

I was thinking more like a Venezuelan guasacaca. Certainly if you poached them with some garam masala, it would be good with paneer.

I use them for stir fry with whatever protein - add Chinese mystery brown sauce. Very tasty.

I use them for leek purée. BTW, the lamb part of this recipe is superb. I blitz dried porcinis into a powder to coat.

I second the stir fry. I suggest finding a recipe for hui guo rou (twice cooked pork) with that calls for leeks and green pepper.

my mother in law makes a type of cornbread/spanish tortilla style thing with the greens of the leeks and some feta cheese-- don’t have her recipe, but this one looks like worth a try: Pispili (Albanian Cornbread with Leeks): Cornbread vs Biscuits

I tried blanching but the long fibrous threads ruined the pureed results.