Truff Mayo, amazing

This stuff is crazy good, it’s insane.

Tasty? I’m pretty picky on truffle flavored products. A few salts and butters I like. Amazon has a 2 pack, 8 ounce jars for $15, a regular and a spicy.

1 Like

I like the regular truff hot sauce but this stuff is insanely good.

Based on this thread I purchased the two pack of Truff mayo, spicy and regular. The next day the box arrives… and it’s pasta sauce, not mayo. I went to Amazon to initiate a return and it says seller doesn’t do returns. I then used the Amazon chat bot and they refund my money but tell me to keep the sauce and reorder. So, I reordered and the next day a box arrives. Of pasta sauce. So, once again to the chat bot and once again a refund but keep the sauce. So this time I just ordered a single jar of the regular Mayo rather than the two pack in the hopes I get the right thing.

I don’t use much pasta sauce because I always make my own from scratch. I will give these a try though and hope they are good. Alternatively I can just keep ordering mayo and receiving free pasta sauce then set up a table at the local farmer’s market selling truffle pasta sauce!

1 Like

We use Stonewall Kitchen Truffle Aioli on a lot of stuff - Salmon, brocolli, pizza crusts…

You got it from Amazon as opposed to from truff?

Yes. Less expensive, free fast shipping, and apparently comes with multiple free jars of pasta sauce. Honestly I just typed it into Google and seeing the Amazon link clicked on that. I’ll sometimes go direct from vendors but speed and ease of Amazon often tip the scales in that direction.

Michael, what have you used it on that you really loved? Are we talking like it took a turkey sandwich to another level, or something more unique?

Actually I mostly have just used it on bagels with some sliced turkey or as aioli for frites so far, but I think there’s a lot of applications one could use it on. Unfortunately my wife and daughter are more truffle sensitive so I haven’t explored too much yet.

Sounds pretty great! Thanks.

Interesting, I don’t like the hot sauce… at all. Was gifted a bottle and found it intellectually interesting as a novelty, but not remotely enjoyable. Anyone in Seattle wants it, all theirs.

I can see the mayo being a bit more useful

They had a deal that if you subscribe and save (and could cancel immediately) on truff that it was 50% off.

Ooh! Ooh! Another idea of something to make while my wife is out of the house taking care of my grandson. I have some truffles in olive oil that got hidden at the back of the refrigerator and lost about two months ago. I just found them. Still smell great. I think all make fresh truffle aioli tonight.

Bought some Truff mayo (regular), it’s pretty good. I’ve been making salami sandwiches with it for lunch this week, works just fine for that.

I absolutely LOVE mayo, and for a while now I have been making the Serious Eats recipe that mimics Kewpie. But I think it is WAY better than Kewpie. Seems like it would be pretty easy to make it using some truffle oil. That way you could control the intensity.

Is available at (some?) Whole Foods.

I had gotten the hot sauce and the mayo for SIL chef at Christmas from Selfridges, not knowing it was available here — he really liked them and normally has no patience for truffle flavoring (as opposed to the real goods).

This is available here, but how do we know it’s “real goods” do producers now have to say flavor? Truffle products were such a problem for a long time I totally gave up on them.
2,4-dithiapentane Can if I remember correctly be called many names (concentrate) and I’m just always skeptical.

I would love to proven wrong on any product in my skepticism though.

My jar of mayo finally arrived but haven’t tried it yet. I can report on the pasta sauce though, at least the Arrabiata version. Came back from tennis in 90+ degrees last night and needed a simple meal so I made some very good quality dried pasta with Italian sausage from a local whole animal butcher and used this sauce. It is really, really spicy. I like spice quite a bit, but I think it overwhelms the truffle here, and everything else for that matter. I enjoyed it enough but the overall vibe was just “spicy pasta” and any nuance beyond that is lost. Might try mixing it 50/50 with the non-spicy version and see if that yields a better result. Calabretta’s Cala Cala held up surprisingly well despite the heat.