PSA Thermapan ONE on sale today

Went to send this to Alfert who needs it for all his Flannery he now has, as I have given him very specific instructions on cooking it, noticed it was on sale

I had the original Thermapen before, it was nice, but ‘upgraded’ to ONE when mine was getting glitchy, a great program from ThermoWorks. Anyway, the ONE is freakin’ awesome - far faster, lights up anytime you use it or move it, etc - a massive improvement over the best (previously) instant thermometer. Get ONE (see what I did there?)

(no affiliate program, no connection, blah blah, just very happy customer)

1 Like

I have been using this knock off for a few years, works great, I’ve checked it in ice and boiling water, and it’s pretty accurate. Considerably cheaper:

Amazon has it for $50

Thermoworks is great. If you are willing to invest in Flannery, buying a Thermapen (and ChefAlarm) is a no brainer.

Any other votes for lavatools?

I have a lava tool thermometer that works as well as the thermapen original I used until it broke. Turns out just because I’m willing to spend money on premium beef from Flannery doesn’t mean I need to spend more on a thermometer that works just as well. But maybe I’m just cheap?

1 Like

What was the sale price? It’s $105 now. My original model that I’ve had for a few years sometimes takes several attempts to get it to turn on, will upgrade one of these days.

I have several, plus a Thermapen. Pretty much only use the Lavatools now. Just as good and a few extra features, slightly smaller form and lighter. They usually have a sale where they are cheaper than the $50 price. Bought most of mine in the $30’s, but that was years ago. Both Lavatools and Themapen still going strong. I can highly endorse both, but one is considerably cheaper.

$89 for the blue, $95 for others, I think

1 Like

Same here: it seems that happens when the battery is getting close to dead.

I had one that did that, and they were able to repair it. I think there was an issue with the switch in the hinge. I don’t remember the cost, but it was less than a new Thermapen, and I was able to change the color at the same time (because they were replacing the case).

At this point, I have three Themapens including an original, a Mk4, and a One (well, and an Air Thermapen, so four if you count that). The One is noticeably better, but I still go back and forth between it and the Mk4; both are great.

1 Like

That’s how I got my ONE - was sending it to them for repair but they have/had an upgrade program, glad I did, as the ONE is far superior

47.50 after 5% off coupon