Cottage Cheese-Good Culture Brand

Anybody else eat it ?? So good . Major step up from Friendship/Breakstone/Hood.

1 Like

Funny you mention it. I never really ate cottage cheese until I started to do some loosely- Keto-ish eating and I discovered Good Culture at Whole Foods.
The Double Cream (Green) is a favorite. A breakfast staple for me now.

2 Likes

The cowgirl creamery cottage cheese is heavenly if you can find it.

2 Likes

always too much salt

tried it. After eating a “no salt added” one for years, as expected way too salty for me

I’ve always despised how cottage cheese looks. La Gavroche had the “heart” of the cottage cheese for dessert, it was astoundingly good.

15% of the US RDA of sodium per serving is a bit high, but I don’t consume too much sodium on a normal day . Some foods are much higher.

No go at Whole Foods.

not concerned about my daily intake. I’m concerned it tastes too salty

Cowgirl Creamery ships

The Cowgirl Creamery location in the Ferry Building in SF closed last year. Such a bummer. It was right next to Acme Bread. It was a delicious duo while it lasted. sigh

I did reach out to Good Culture; I do agree it tastes a bit salty. I haven’t had Friendship or Breakstone in a while so I don’t recall if they taste salty.

Good culture is working on a lower sodium option.

“We strive to make a healthier cottage cheese that is lower in sodium relative to the competition and only use Celtic Sea Salt, which is a whole salt with health benefits vs highly processed table salt – as you noted. (Organic Valley uses 610 mgs of sodium per 150g serving, Knudsens use 559 mgs, Breakstones uses 559 mgs, etc. Good Culture uses 350 - 460 per 150 gram serving, so in comparison we are actually on the lower side.)

Having said that, we are always striving to better ourselves as a company and I will forward your note to the team. We need to use sodium, as is acts as a natural preservative in our clean label products, but we are exploring a lower sodium option to help everyone enjoy Good Culture, so stay tuned!”

Had been eating Daisy which is 350mg sodium per 1/2c. Now I buy friendship no salt added (60mg/1/2c) and add a little salt

I didn’t know they closed there … whenever I was in SF, I’d sit at their counter and get a sandwich …. Sigh. I miss my old nonstop travel and chances to be there often.

1 Like