Bucket List Restaurant

For me I’ve always wanted to try Inn At Little Washington

me too!
and French Laundry

Troisgros would be it for me.

Bras in Laiguilole. Came close once as I was invited to go with my coworkers from a restaurant I worked a season at in Languedoc, but somehow it never happened.

Love it. I’ve met the chef a few times and if you ask they’ll give you a tour of the kitchen.

Sushi Kaito is in NYC is better than Sushi Nakazawa imo.

I was able to meet one of the chefs who left Per Se and he did an impromptu appetizer at a pop-up dinner we were at. I’d like to go to Per Se and The French Laundry.

I’d love to try Reynold Poernomo’s new concept in the wake of Koi desert bar closing.

There are too many restaurants tho all over the world that are amazing.

1 Like

Le Bernardin

Cellar de Can Roca, extabarri and fire door

A quite good and low-key local place in Durham just announced that the executive chef at a bucket list restaurant–Sierra Mar / Post Ranch Inn–is taking over as head chef there. So I can have my bucket list and eat it too, albeit without the view.

For me, a restaurant like those before 2020 would suit fine.

1 Like

I’ve been lucky enough to hit most on the west coast but Alninea comes to mind.

Crossed one off the list last night :

L & B Spumoni Gardens in Brooklyn, NY.

2 Likes

I’m surprised!!! Sushi Kaito is a go to place for me. I’ve never been to Sushi Nakazawa but it gets a lot of publicity.

Me too. I can’t believe I’ve never been.

Sushi Saito
Sushi Sugita
Tenzushi Kyomachi
Mizai
Hirasansou

(Notice a trend?)

1 Like

Sushi there melts like no where I’ve ever been else.

just to add fuel to the fire—been twice and they were the two best meals of my life. Going back in March and staying there 2 nights, Covid permitting.

1 Like

Hope you had the Sicilian. The regular slice isn’t anything to talk about.

Checked off Prés d’Eugenie last month which was probably it. Probably Troisgros or Pic at this point.

We did (amongst other stuff).

An empty bucket?