PIZZA MUSHROOM

Here we have a Mushroom Pizza next level thanks to Anthony Falco. The dough is by the YouTube Pizza Guru Vito Lacopelli. Maybe the new book Pizza Czar by Anthony Falco is a good Xmas gift for foodies.

Ingredients

Poolish: 200g water, 5g honey, 6g fresh yeast (5g instant yeast), 200g flour 00

Dough: Poolish + 500g Manitoba flour (or 300g Manitoba flour+200g flour 00), 300g water, 20g salt

Sauce: 1 shallot, white wine, heavy cream, 1-2 clove garlic, organic lemon peel, white wine vinegar, salt, butter

Topping: mushrooms, Taleggio, Mozzarella di Bufala, parmesan, parsley, olive oil, garlic, thyme

Preparation

1. Cook the chopped shallot&garlic in butter on low heat, add white wine, heavy cream, white wine vinegar and salt. Reduce for 10-15min. Sieve and let it cool down. Finally add lemon peel. You can make this hours before.

1. Pre-heat oven to 250C. Slice the mushrooms and add to a baking tray. Add thyme and olive oil. Roast in the oven for 10-15min. Put the mushrooms to a bowl and and add crushed garlic + a knob of butter and combine. You can make this hours before.

1. Roll out the dough and add sauce

1. Add cheese

1. Add mushrooms. Put in the oven

1. Finally add grated parmesan, chopped parsley and olive oil. ENJOY

P.S. the Sage/Breville Pizzaiolo worked great, a Neapolitan-style Pizza in 2-3min

2 Likes

I saw the video and his poolish may be a good alternative to sourdough if the pizza digests as easily.

I found the dough tasted great and was good to digest. Maybe sourdough has a bit more flavor, but I have to taste it side by side.

Unfortunately this Mushroom Pizza showed not best regarding style. My spicy Pizza before was perfectly round, fluffy on the rim and truely Neapolitan-style. Anyway both tasted great.

AND I am such happy that I bought the Breville Pizzaiolo for 200€ less than normal on Black Friday. Besides the constant high heat, I also admire how easy it is to put the Pizza to the stone and remove from the stone thanks to the design of the door/opening. Bottom-line, it’s not cheap but worth the investment.

A8B84FA7-2833-4209-BD90-0843EC1C2AFB.jpeg

P.S. now we are talking

510CB4E5-AC10-4763-8CD7-DBC3B29CA13D.jpeg

1 Like

Wow, taleggio on a pizza.

Anthony Falco uses WILLOUGHBY cheese and recommended Taleggio as a substitute. As you could imagine we don’t have US cheese in Berlin. Anyway, very tasty.

Cherry tomatoes with Taleggio and post-bake oily pesto on a pizza are a great combo.
I pre-roast split tomatoes with EVOO, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.

1 Like

I should point out that the sauce, a kind of Beurre blanc, is worth to use for other vegetables on a Pizza, like wild broccoli for example.
Also a great sauce for fish, maybe adding some tarragon. Bottom-line, we should cook a Beurre blanc more often.