Grilled Turbot

Still drooling over the Turbot we had in Chicago that Wilfred ordered from Regalis Foods and dreaming of our next trip to San Sebastián, I ordered Spanish Turbot from Fulton Fish Market https://fultonfishmarket.com/ to hold us over. The price couldn’t be beat. $49.99 for a 2.75lb cleaned fish and free shipping with orders of $99 or more, so I ordered TWO. [snort.gif]

I followed the Grilled Turbot Basque-Style Grilled Whole Turbot Recipe instructions on Serious Eats, which turned out to be spot on. The only adjustments I made were to used champagne vinegar instead of white wine vinegar as that’s what I had on hand and to cook the fish in increments of 5 minutes instead of 4 as mine was slightly larger than the one specified in the recipe.

It was served with boiled potatoes that were put in a pan with butter and placed on the grill to get some of the smokiness while the fish cooked. Broccolini was dressed simply and grilled at the end.

The turbot from Regalis was larger and richer, with slightly more gelatin and juices. However, the Fulton Fish turbot were by no means dry, just a touch leaner.

It was all delicious. :yum:

4 Likes

Yummy! Thanks Christine. This is not an easy fish to cook.