What food processor should I buy?

I have owned two food processors in my life. The first one was a give away from GE to my father for selling so many GE products in his store. It was great and lasted from second year college until about 10 years ago, but GE sold their appliance division years ago and it is no longer available. The second one was a piece of shit nouveau Cuisinart made out of plastic by Chinese Slave Labor. I want to buy one that will function well and not piss me off every time I use it. I have read 100 reviews and they are either corrupt because they give good reviews to companies that advertise or they think that the most important characteristic is low cost. I do not want to go all the way to a Robocoup, but I would (perish the thought) not drink wine for a few days and spend more money on a good machine. Any recommendations?

1 Like

I have used a kitchen aid processor for years, heavy base so it will not walk, good pulsing, and sharp blades.

I think Cuisinart 14 is still the best, but the Breville is very good from what I here

Magimix are more powerful and never break (30-year guarantee on motor), although I still think they could improve the plastic parts to be a bit easier to clean. It would be perfect then. Made by Robocoup (France), which is the most common food processor in restaurants (I think they actually invented the category).

I have the 5200XL, which has 3 interlocking bowls (16/12/6 cups). It’s heavy, 24 1/2 lbs.

That’s interesting. That Magimix looks exactly like my now 15 or 20 year old KitchenAid food processor. With the exception of the Blendermix attachment, which was not included with my machine, all of the other attachments and even the storage box for them are exactly the same - right down to the funny spatula. I assume that my old KitchenAid must have been a re-branded Magimix but never knew it. All of the current KitchenAid models look quite different.

I do remember reading that Robot-Coupe makes food processors that are rebranded for other companies too. Some of it may be that they had the original patents.

make daddy proud of you

Crap made by the company that bought the division and the right to market under that name. You need to read the websites you post from. Do you have a compulsive desire to obsessively complain about my posts, even if you do not know what you are talking about, this being one of many examples? If so, please let me know so I can put you on ignore. As to this one, you forgot to read this notice at the bottom:

Copyright © 2021 GE Appliances, a Haier company
GE is a trademark of the General Electric Company.
Manufactured under trademark license.