Is it actually flounder?

‘Revealed: seafood fraud happening on a vast global scale’
Guardian analysis of 44 studies finds nearly 40% of 9,000 products from restaurants, markets and fishmongers were mislabelled

2073834F-0C9D-43B4-8394-82E57D42014E.jpeg

This has been happening for a long, long time.

I got very excited last week when I found real red snapper at a local fishmonger

Another reason to avoid prawn balls.

Well done !!!

That is why the Chinese prefer to cook an entire fish or an an entire bird, with the head and appendages still there.

Yeah, I shop at an international market with nothing but whole fish. Still, better to wonder if it’s actually flounder than if it’s actually squid: Doppelgängers - This American Life

Running a noodle shop can have its advantages. [snort.gif]

I feel like we’re all getting Scrod.

We all need people like this
37696C68-1599-4A77-BE1A-1A7C8A43C827.jpeg

A guy flies into Logan airport and hails a cab. While driving into the city seeking Boston’s culinary specialty, he asked the cabbie, “Where can I get scrod?” The cabbie replies, “I have been asked that question many times, but never in the pluperfect subjunctive.”

3 Likes

I need some time with my lawyers to figure out if this constitutes an infraction.

Two elderly women are on line at the 10 Item Max express lane at the Finast supermarket between MIT and Harvard. They are behind a young college student with 30 items in his cart. One woman turns to the other and says, “Either he is from Harvard and he can’t count or he’s from MIT and he can’t read.” You must be from MIT.