Stanley Tucci "Searching for Italy"

Surprised I haven’t seen a post on this. Whose looking forward to this ? We sure are. For one reason he’s a tremendous talent and have high hopes for the quality of the show. He’ll be visiting 20 regions of Italy with a focus on highlighting the regional cuisine.

Italy is first up for us when we can travel so we’re really looking forward to some fun trip planning and cooking while we wait. First show is Sunday at 9pm on CNN

I caught the first episode a few days ago - it’s available on CNN’s on-demand service. It was mostly based in Florence and was something of a scene-setter, establishing his father’s working in Italy when Tucci was a child as the inspiration for his return. It was a little glossy at times but with some entertaining vignettes. I think the show will be fun as he moves on to some of the less celebrated regions. It’s been ten years since I’ve been able to travel to Italy and I miss it more with each passing year.

I’m definitely looking forward to this.

My wife and I also

1 Like

My wife and I are also looking forward to watching this. Especially Sicily, which is where my mom’s family emigrated from.

Ed

Yes, looking forward to this as well.

I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more.

1 Like

We will be watching fr sure

Looking forward to also.
Next best thing to traveling!

Looking forward to the show on timpanos

I made one years ago for a party. Damn, it was a PITA. But delicious.

Just noticed it is airing on Sunday nights. Hope I can find the first episode to tape.

Is this streamed anywhere or do I have to record it?

I have my DVR set to record the series. I haven’t gotten to the first episode quite yet. Been busy with no power and water.

I’ve missed #1.
We rarely watch broadcast TV now, other than the news (CBC, on PVR), so I missed it.

We’re DVR’ing it. Haven’t watched yet.

I think he did a good job with Naples, which tends to fall into caricature on food shows.

Ignited a desire to head back to Campania. I suspect each episode with do this. It’s been too long

1 Like

For those that missed the first episode, they are rebroadcasting it at 11pm EST this Saturday (Feb. 20). New episodes continue Sundays at 9pm EST. Set those PVRs …

Richard:

I don’t believe it’s being streamed anywhere accessible to us in Canada.

2 Likes

Enjoyed it thoroughly, but it made the wander lust kick in big time. I miss Italy and all of Europe for that matter…