Anyone have a source for hogget/yearling lamb in the US?

I was watching a British cooking show and the chefs were going on about hogget (sheep of an age between lamb and mutton).

Now I’d like to try it. Anyone have a good mail order source?

Thanks!

i’d reach out to kinderhook farm. if they don’t, they will likely know. across the board, i find their stuff to be amazing.

1 Like

Looks like they sometimes carry it but are sold out.

Further research indicates that hogget is often known as yearling lamb in the US. But I can’t find that either.

Great British Menu eh?

(I am obsessed with the show and so glad it’s finally on a reasonable streaming service since piecing together old YouTube’s was so painful)

[cheers.gif]

I don’t know where you’ll find a yearling lamb but…

Cabrito or Cordero - Lechal is like the Non Plus Ultra in my honest culinary opinion but I have yet to find it here. Farmers don’t like to butcher the kids or lambs that young. I guess it is one of the perks of having shepherds grazing on scrubland in Spain.

Restaurant Depot! I saw one last week.

It looks like you have to be a business to shop there? and can’t order on line until you’ve been to a store at least once?

Tell them that you run a noodle shop. Everybody falls for that.

Re Restaurant Depot. I think I read somewhere, maybe here, that they have opened to the public during the pandemic because of so many restaurants are closed or business is a fraction of what it was. Worth a call at least.