High quality seafood delivery

This may have been covered before but didn’t find anything in a search. Besides things like Goldbelly, does anyone have any recommendations for seafood delivery? Hog Island Oyster started delivering during Covid and we have done that a few times with very good success. I’ve done a salmon order from an outfit called Salmon sisters that was solid. Recently came across George Stone Crab that looks good. Anyone with any experience with them? Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Weird that my first ever post on WB is about seafood but you have to start somewhere I guess. I’m in the Boston area and we have had great success with Wulf’s Fish over the last 6 months. They were primarily selling to high end restaurants in Boston before the pandemic hit and transitioned from that to local home delivery and now to nationwide shipping.

We had fresh lobster tails from Maine Lobster Now for Christmas. Excellent quality. Check out the jumbo tails

Wulf’s looks great, Marc. I will keep them in mind!

I’d also recommend Browne Trading. Everything I’ve gotten from them has been fantastic

1 Like

We ordered from George Stone Crab in November and thought it was excellent.

whoa, those are huge. how big did you go? i find the larger the lobster, the less sweet the meat tends to be, so curious.

I’ve been getting most of my seafood at Local 130 Seafood in Asbury Park. https://www.local130seafood.com/

They sell local day caught seafood.

Went with the 10-12 ounce size which was a good portion, I did eat half of another one too.

Trying these folks for the first time. Came recommended by rare tea cellars here in Chicago which is a top notch store. I will report back.

George

1 Like

My cousin in Seattle turned me on to these guys - we’ve ordered several times and have had shipped to the East Coast. http://wildsalmonseafood.com/store/index.php3

I saw the Efish recommendation and wanted to say that Saraspe seafoods is awesome. Shipping definitely has a premium but for local San Diego folks, they have excellent prices for spot prawns, etc. https://saraspeseafoods.com/collections/local-delivery

Bought the colossal crab from them; good experience

Lori’s recommendation above is top-flight. A great fish store, located right at Fisherman’s Terminal, exactly where all the boats come in from the Alaska fleet. Outstanding stuff, could not be fresher. Probably the best fish store in Seattle, which houses the entire Alaska & Bering Sea fleet. Also one of the secret places to get the rare fresh spot prawns when they’re in - and if you speak with them, they will tell you when they are coming in.

Was really impressed by this company. Spot Prawns made it from CA to me still alive. Really excellent. Someone from e-fish.com named Jeff texted me and asked how they looked when they arrived. A nice touch. Will definitely order from again.

George

For those in the SF Bay Area, Four Star Seafood & Provisions is a great source. I have a friend who is probably their best customer (at least, she has been while restaurants were/are closed or limited).

-Al

I bought non-seafood item from them a month or so ago, outstanding customer service.

+1 on the Saraspe Seafood. I am local but the spot prawns are outstanding. They are on E-fish.com

I had stopped ordering from Browne Trading a few years ago, since I’d never had an order come to fruition without a problem, either in packing, prep or shipping. But I got to thinking how good the seafood is, and decided to place another order for delivery today. Once again, there was a shipping delay. It’s obviously not Browne’s fault, but the curse continues…

Only one fish, Ora King Salmon, via Goldbelly, on par with Copper River King IMHO.