Forgive me WB...for I have sinned. I'm mailing it in for Thanksgiving

yeah…I’m exhausted.

I just bought a pre-packed meal kit for Thanksgiving.

It feels like the ultimate sin.

But, now, coming clean…I feel better…am I alone?

*Morton’s won the deal this year…

We either go out or buy it prepared and reheat. This time of year is busy work wise and the results never seemed to justify the results. We also never have big gatherings.
Concentrate on your wine selection.

Will you warm up the dishes, via sous vide?
That would be partial atonement.

I bailed out on my brother’s T-day dinner, so am cooking for one. Plan to cook a steak.

-Al

Smart. We are dying to have a normal Thanksgiving, but prefer not literally.

Thanksgiving has always been a wonderful extended family affair, but this year I’m just joining my brother and his family. I am keeping some of the family spirit by providing dressing and gravy for my cousin and her family as well and yesterday was step one: making cornbread for my cornbread and Challah dressing and about 1-1/2 gallons of turkey stock for the dressing and gravy.
6438F69E-710E-4019-BB3E-331FCF1A1055.jpeg
5327283A-0FAE-41D4-A692-13C4EE51932A.jpeg

That cornbread looks fantastic, Mike. Take a bow.

Thanks Corey. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

At Siun’s suggestion, we ordered a roasted turkey from Sun Wah. If it half a good as their roasted ducks, we’ll be pleased. Preparing the rest at home

This Christmas promises to be a big year for Chinese carry-out.

Oooooh! Enjoy David! Say Hi to Kelly from me!

Next normal Thanksgiving, we will be back to SunWah order!

I’m actually moving out of Chicago today - to Lake Co near daughter’s family (and nice low rent on a lake) - so I’m doing just a small turkey breast for myself so I can enjoy good turkey sandwiches, my favorite part of the traditional meal while I unpack. Daughter and husband are doing truffle roasted chicken … but we’re isolating and only visiting outdoors etc. They have promised leftovers.

Funny, you don’t look Jewish.

I say that when delivering late-night noodles to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Our go to is one of my favorite chinese bbq spots for turkey

also dialing it in. Ordered the Thanksgiving dinner from Atoboy.

But I will be baking a Mama Fleming’s pecan pie.

Done

Not mailing it in — but with just the two of us, I’ll be roasting a duck.

And here’s the finished dressing and gravy.

Nope, I’m doing the whole shebang. Smoked the turkey and all the normal side and pies!! I finished smoking the turkey this morning and I think it’s the best I have ever made. I have the casseroles to do yet. All my kids are coming to pick it up in the garage and take it home and then we’ll zoom or FaceTime.

So ready for the vaccine.
38DDA1F0-9DAA-4C17-9B3F-E4270064A01B.jpeg
05F1EC0A-6A3D-4C20-96E7-B9D522D830E3.jpeg

Cut down on the size of thy bird this year, only us. The sides though, still strong, we just started early. Stuffing for dinner tonight. I make 2, a country and a fruit.

I cut the ingredients in half for my smaller household. Still 5 days fo fun. Also have my own mods and tweaks after a decade. The stuffing is half the show. Tomorrow, I fry the turkey, sweet potato pie and whole berry cranberry sauce.

Ta da, serve and nap