Spaghetti with Mushroom Sauce and Chianti

Tonight’s dinner (instead of going to Maria’s for lunch) was Rustichella di Abruzzi spaghetti with a sauce of over a half pound of baby portobellos sautéed in olive oil with orange peel, garlic, and black pepper and finished with Rao’s Cuoro di Pomodoro sauce. This was enjoyed with a 1995 Castello di Rampolla Chianti Classico Riserva - fill near the bottom of the neck; dark ruby-garnet in color, with a very narrow light edge; slightly hard earthy cherry in nose and flavors; fry fruit mid=palate, with enough acidity to work with the pasta sauce; with a slightly hard medium finish. The Rampollas were always the hardest of the oenerally hard '95s.

Then for dessert we had two more TJ’s chocolate bars with the rest of the '94 Fonseca we started last night. They were just as enjoyable tonight.

I knew there was something wrong in the universe… now I know…
[berserker.gif]

Dick,

I’ve always enjoyed reading up about your meals. One gripe though, why no pictures? That’d be the icing on the cake.

I think that I might have asked that before…

You rock man.

I don’t take many pictures. For meals I’m busy cooking, plating, serving, et al. When it’s ready I’m hungry and ready for wine. No time for pictures.