ZÜRCHER GESCHNETZELTES

Here comes the all-time swiss classic Zürcher Geschnetzeltes. Best served with Rösti or Pappardelle pasta for the lazy guys. Sooo delicious, you will lick the plates. haha

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=6189

Looks great. My mother used to make this or a version very close. Never knew what it was called though.

Wow-somehow I’ve never heard of this… :slight_smile:

You need to hang out around the Umlauts.

Movenpick in Toronto had something like this in the 80s , really yummy.
Would a dash of Dijon work in this?

I had this at Movenpick in the 90s!
Mustard is not part of the traditional recipe, but if you like Dijon cream sauce, why not?

Yes, mustard is not part of the original recipe, but try it out. And to add ceps/Steinpilze would be a very nice thing too. Of course you can use more veal demi glace if you like.

I will also adjust the recipe regarding the liquids next time. I made it for the first time, so I had to look how it turns out. I already reduced the heavy cream (32%) a bit. I am a big fan of sauce, so I was quite generous with the cream. In addition I didn’t use flour/starch to thicken the sauce which some people do in Switzerland.

had to look up veal fond. It’s veal stock made from veal and veal bones, mirepoix, aromatics.

Have corrected it, Alan.

P.S. optional you can adjust the amount of liquids, less cream instead more veal stock/broth or veal demi-glace.