Campo’s Cheesesteak Sandwiches

One of my vendors sent me a pack of Campo’s Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.

1. Are they any good?
  2. How does one properly reheat a frozen cheesesteak sandwich?

C0532521-6B92-4F4E-B5B2-AFBAB1BA4144.jpeg
    79519C08-75CC-479A-A174-02BAC05E5662.jpeg
    5DAD8531-AC7A-459B-8CA0-66042B632599.jpeg
    E9BFC12D-114C-4D6E-B7BF-5BB4AF91F151.jpeg

I’d probably just focus on Thawing and Reheating the meat in a non stick pan and using your own local fresh bread. It looks like the sandwich is assembled and then frozen? I’m my experience it’s tough to salvage the bread. Neat gift though!

Tasty Cakes?

Didn’t see any in the pictures, that’s a big omission from a PHL-area care package!

Sorry. Frozen Cheesesteaks are not a good idea. I hope they didn’t use Wiz.

4 little chocolate coated cakes and 4 little crumb cakes, 4 cheesesteaks (2 provolone. 2 whiz), onions, peppers, 4 pretzels, mustards. Don’t know what tasty cakes are.

Last time we were there they shut down Reading Terminal Market and we had free run of all the vendors, AYCE including cocktails for 4 hrs.! Now that was fun!

OMG … Tastykakes!!! (Pssst … watch the spelling guys!)

Oh now I will dream of Butterscotch Krimpets and KandyKakes for days … Products — Tastykake

Frozen cheesesteaks? Not so much.

Haven’t seen a Butterscotch Krimpet around here in a few years. Growing up in Pennsylvania, we used to see them all the time and they were my grandfather’s favorite treat. The little hand pies, too. Here in upstate New York, I don’t come across the Krimpets anymore, just the Kandy Kakes, which my wife loves.

As for reheating a frozen cheesesteak, though, I don’t have high hopes for you. The real deal is quite delicious, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

You would toss the meat in the trash? It was a gift…it’s worth trying imo. Certainly they should have deconstructed it and thought how to ship it better. Nothing can affect Wiz, it Will taste just the same as “fresh” [snort.gif]

I had a Butterscotch Krimpet this morning! Campo’s wouldn’t be my first pick but they are fine. Not sure after they are frozen.

I grew up in Baltimore and I definitely remember Tastykakes. Proper spelling is essential.

This isn’t looking very promising. Then again I didn’t come in with very high hopes.

Here are the heating instructions from Goldbelly FWIW: https://www.goldbelly.com/campos-philly-cheesesteaks/instructions/best-of-philly-package-2-steaks-pretzels-tastykakes.

Thanks for that Mike, one would think they would supply instructions in the package. Oh well

Looks like those are Tastykakes from the instructions you lucky man!

Never occurred to me to buy Tastykakes as they reside by the Little Debbies here. I’m not a sweet freak, but I guess I should buy some to try out?

Where are they Sheetz? I prefer Tastykakes but grew up eating them, usually a limited selection in Pittsburgh. Butterscotch Krimpets and pb tandykakes are the “classics.”

Giant Eagle, but I’ve never paid attention to which ones. I’ll have a better look next time I’m in there. Isn’t Giant a Pittsburgh based company?

The finder on the company website says Walmart As well, but I can’t confirm that.

GE is a pittsburgh company. I never look for those type of snacks in GE, could be trouble.

Just the fact that this thread made me remember my friends from Pennsylvania and Tastykakes makes it a winner :slight_smile: