Coffee

Looking for the best coffee beans at a discounted price. Anyone wanna suggest?. But it should be the best beans.

Hi Aaron, there is no way to answer that question as the beans and roast profile one person likes is often very different from person to person. If you seek the best and freshest beans find a local roaster and try an assortment of regions and roast profiles to see what you like. If price is the main objective then some bulk store product may be fine.

I roast my own beans and if I were to pick just one I often like the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe beans. I roast lighter than what one typically finds in a store but that is my personal preference. I’m not real hip on quality roasted bean prices at a local roaster but here in the US it is maybe $20/lb. Good luck on your search.

Rhoads Roast. https://rhoadsroast-coffees.com/

If you’re not roasting yourself and want the “best” then you’ll run into trouble with the “discount” part of the equation. If you roast yourself you can get good beans at a good price, but for the very best I think you just have to find the best local roaster and pay the premium. I suggest buying something roasted within 2-3 days of purchase. For that reason shipping is difficult unless you can arrange very fast delivery. For my taste beans lose a significant portion of their complexity by about 10 days out from roast, at which point they taste rather anonymous.

I see you are in London. It’s been a couple of years but a local place was importing from the roaster Square Mile, and the beans were excellent. Really I think that if you seek out the best in your area you’ll be very pleased, but it won’t be at a discount. For my part I buy most of my beans at a local place very close to my house with a good combination of price and quality. I occasionally splurge for beans from the top roaster in the area and can always tell the difference. I’d likely buy from them more often, or always, if they were closer, but I don’t get to that part of town very often.

Peets

I greatly enjoy the Colombia 100% Arabica Instant Coffee from Walmart.

Another problem is that we don’t have many European members any more so most of the recommendations will be American, shipping costs are certainly going to skew the prices for you.

Also, you might want to do a search and check out the existing coffee threads.

Burman. Green beans

Green. Bodhi Leaf or Sweet Maria.

This. We do a monthly shipment automatically from Peets. We get three pounds (the same roast, but it changes each month) and the roast date is less than a week from when we get it. It’s excellent quality, very convenient, and fresh. I think it’s about $35/mo. shipped.

for quality and price

Redbird Ethiopian Yirgacheffe “Aricha” 5 lbs delivered for about $60 stateside at least

Tim Wendelboe:https://timwendelboe.no/product/tims-picks?v=c2f3f489a005

I don’t know about a discount, though…

The memory of being at Tim Wendelboe while they were roasting enjoying an espresso was years ago but I can still smell and taste everything like it was my morning cup today. Thank you for bringing me back to Oslo.

Kuva coffee roasters. https://www.kuvacoffee.com/