Watermill / Hamptons

I hate the Hamptons! Due to a suddenly cancelled trip due to NYC closing off their borders I will be spending the 4th in Watermill.

Any great restaurant suggestions? Casual is fine.

People have been remarkably uncautious out there… backyard grill… or get a baby Weber and grill on the beach (have a bucket of H2O and police your ashes)

Or picnic prepped food from Citarella or something

We had a good meal at Almond last year.

You are always welcome in Philadelphia. No travel restrictions to PA.

We ended up doing lunch at Le Bilboquet in Sag Harbor. I have to say it over delivered. We had Moules Frites and the Salmon Burger, both perfect for a light lunch. It takes skill to have such a large wine list of French wines that I have either never heard of or never tried. I skipped wine. My wife had a god awful glass of Domaine Ott Rose that we sent back. I laughed that the only deal on the list was the 14 DRC Richbourg. If I went back I would happily pay the $75 corkage and bring a bottle of $20 German Rose. The Ott was $140 on the list!

I hate the Hamptons!

We are in agreement on that!

Meri and I were thinking of you last evening as we sat at Muru Winebar in Helsinki thoroughly enjoying 2012 Keller Hipping served by the glass. Followed by a bottle of 2017 Ramonet Morgeot. That was preceded by some Tschida himmel auf erden rose and orange at a little coffee bar We Got This. The food and wine scene in Helsinki is on a very positive trajectory. The Ramonet 120E for the bottle - and that includes tax and service. - the Keller, if I recall was about, 20 E per glass, 12cl.
Stay well. Enjoy!

Hello Len - How are you! Hipping by the glass! Love the wine prices in Scandinavian and the availability. Just another great benefit of being there.

I have to say once you are out here it is extremely beautiful just as long as you avoid the “scenes”.

Be well!

It takes skill to have such a large wine list of French wines that I have either never heard of or never tried. I skipped wine.

champagne.gif