Recco needed on remote probe thermometer

I have been using Taylor remote probe thermometers and the probe wires do not last.

Blue tooth is ok but not a requirement. A 2 probe design with rugged probe wires is what I need. I primarily use the probe on the smoker and for an occasional oven roasted turkey.

What do you like?

www.thermoworks.com

I use this one in my smoker:
https://www.amazon.com/Maverick-XR-30-Bbq-Thermometer-Wireless/dp/B07JH5JQY5/ref=sr_1_14?crid=1EDQPHH4FFX2T&dchild=1&keywords=maverick+meat+thermometer&qid=1592613685&sprefix=maverick+%2Caps%2C236&sr=8-14

The wire are metal-wrapped, and I’ve never had any issues.

I bought a Martha Stewart probe I haven’t used yet but Thermoworks is probably the gold standard for this kind of thing. I have their Instant read with IR and it’s really high quality. I’m re-selling myself on a Joule Sous Vide so that may have been the right move.

Thanks Linda, the leads are good to 716 degrees. One OTW.

I use two Weber igrills, a two and three. Never had an issue, although I don’t use it at heat above 500*.

I use the ThermoDot.

I use the Weber iGrill too. Though mine is so old it is actually iDevices branded from before Weber acquired the technology. 4 probes and Bluetooth capable. I’ve only busted two probes in 6 years both my own fault. Many people don’t know that you can’t submerge the probes in water when cleaning them. I learned that lesson the hard way, twice. Also - most probes are universal. My iDevice old probes and Weber new probes and digiQ and cyberQ probes are all interchangeable. The digiQ are the longest and appear to be the most robust probes.

Cook’s Illustrated reviews these in their current issue. They like Thermoworks.

yep. was just coming to mention this. no personal opinion though I have a wired Dot and a regular thermapen so have bias towards thermoworks.

top rated remote probe was the “smoke 2-channel alarm” TX-1300

then Nutrichef Bluetooth Wireless grill

Meater+ was given a luke warm recco

Not Recco were:
the 4 channel thermoworks (tx-1500)
maverick xr-50
weber igrill 2
meat it by mastrad

What was the issue with Weber iGrill?