Gorgeous leg of lamb- what can I do with it?

Normally just put into the oven with olive oil, rosemary, garlic. Still want to roast, so any suggestions as how to jazz it up a bit.

Bone out, Stuff with mix of chèvre, garlic, EVOO, and spinach. Tie up, and do your normal outside.

I’m lazy and usually just slather it in store bought mint chutney and serve it with harissa.

This. But I add a bit (probably a bunch for most folks) of red chili flakes as well.

I usually add mustard before roasting.

This is easy, delicious, lamb falls apart.
https://www.willungafarmersmarket.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Seven-Hour-Leg-of-Lamb-with-Anchovy-and-Garlic.pdf

in smoker/grill with cherry wood

if pistachio makes it in here somewhere then im sold.

I do like making pesto with pistachios, could be a good combo.

There’s a wonderful Alsace prep which can be found in Andre Soltner’s book The Lutece Cookbook: Gigot d’Angeau a la Puree d’Ail (Leg of Lamb with Garlic Puree). It’s a bit of work, as it involves peeling and blanching 5 whole heads of garlic, but the puree is sublime, and freezes very well. The blanching makes it very mild and gentle.

The lamb itself is simply rubbed with salt and pepper, then roasted. Anyone who knows me knows that I firmly believe the better the ingredients, the less I want to do to it, so this is the my go-to prep for the best lamb I can get.

A colleague here raises lamb on a dike near the north sea. I got some chops and a leg from him.
Very tender, with lovely flavor. The French have angeau salé.
Anyway, with that I did traditional. Garlic slivers deep inside. Outside rub of Rosemary, s&p, and a bit of powdered ginger. Very hot oven to set a crust at first, then lower.

Basically what I ended up doing, except without the ginger. Simple and trying to get the utmost out of the lamb. Remainder went into a fine shepherd’s pie.

Hi Mark,

Then you get a nice crust with a bit of crackle, and a lovely pink slice.

Jeebus, but I’m hungry now…

I did one on Sunday, 4lb rubbed the inside before I tied it up with a paste of olive oil, garlic and rosemary and the same on the outside. 15 minutes at 450 and then down to 350 till the internal temp hit 125 degrees. Tented and left to stand for 15 minutes. Perfect medium rare. Lots of leftovers making their way into gyros and a shepherd’s pie.

Made an amazing ragu with leftover lamb this weekend. Not sure that it will replace the standard rabbit for ragu but would definitely make again.

Last one I did - scored & slathered with mustard powder, added salt, pepper, herbs and sous vide for around 18-20hrs then seared on a super hot Weber, while reducing the juices to make a red wine sauce. It was pretty amazing, and awesome to see the magic of sous vid make a big thick piece of meat like that perfectly MR all the way through.

My favorite way to cook a leg of lamb is to marinate it in a paste of pureed onions and Ras El Hanout spices.

I’m braising a lamb shoulder tomorrow, as we are deeply into Juneuary here.