Covid Antidote -- Mail Order Food From Different Cities

If you can’t be there, you can eat from there. Last night, we had Memphis BBQ sent from a Memphis restaurant. Turned on Memphis Blues and had a great time. Next week it’s Chicago deep dish pizza!

Memphis bbq. Link to restaurant?
Was food good? Any rec? What’s must eats?
Shipping cost reasonable?

Goldbelly? We had Essa bagels from NY delivered to the Jewish food desert known as St. Louis.

Mark: we ordered BBQ from Rendezvous in Memphis. The pulled pork nachos were great. The ribs were a little dry—next time we will use the steam oven.

It was not not cheap but we ordered a lot of food: nachos, 3 slabs of ribs and baked beans. It was about $240.

In fact, the first meal we only eat one slab, half of the nachos and one bake beans. That was enough for the four of us.

Any recommendations out there for Chicago deep dish that is available by mail order?

Also: we ordered directly from Rendezous figuring they would get more of the $. We used Goldbelly for restaurant research.

Giordanos https://giordanos.com

I have tried Edwardos and others from Goldbely - they were nowhere near as good.

Lou Malnati’s is probably Chicago’s favorite for deep dish. Pricing seems very fair too.

We ordered Crawfish Monica, crawfish etouffee, red beans and rice, And gumbo a few weeks ago. I made Muffaletta and tons of Pimms Cups To go with the hot weekend. Of course we had Galactic, Dr John and all kinds of New Orleans music going. I’m still sad to have missed JazzFest ;(

Pretty cool you had Galactic going! I just discovered that my very close in-laws in NOLA are good friends with the band and can get me great access anytime I’m visiting and they are playing, so I’m looking forward to taking advantage of that whenever COVID ends and we can get back down there. It’s just crazy that I’ve never brought it up to them in all our years of family get togethers.

Got sour pickles and sour tomatoes from The Pickle Guys in Lower Manhattan. I make my own dills and these are not dill… but very good anyway. The tomatoes are exactly like you’d get at any good Jewish deli in the LA area, but I haven’t left South OC since February, so this was well worth the cost.

Well that’s a nice perk, since they now own Tipitinas! I’ve been a huge fan since the 90’s, remarkably they come to Cleveland once a year it seems so I don’t have to travel far to get my fix. Had tickets to their Tip’s show for JazzFest [cry.gif]