Eleven Madison Park Might Not Reopen

Not surprised but what a shame. Had some of the best meals of my life there. Will got out of there just in time

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/one-of-the-world-e2-80-99s-best-restaurants-might-not-reopen-for-business/ar-BB13Btil

Hmm, I still have a gift certificate there…

George Hejna and I had dinner together once there, but were unaware at the time. I drank a 1995 Cos d’Estournel and 1994 La Jota Howell Mountain Selection. He watched and wondered who I was.

I read the article…while it’s definitely a possibility, it seemed like the headline was somewhat sensational.

I never told you this but I knew who you were. I asked to move tables but they were fully booked. neener flirtysmile

I also would comment that I had one of the best lunches of my life there with Wilfred and he even let me sit at his table and talked to me. [snort.gif]

George

Sorry guys but the owner is a multi billionaire hedge guy and if wants to reopen he can. I find it disgusting that so many restaurants with ultra rich owners / investors are not supporting their employees.

It’s all about money. Nothing else.

Said the exact same thing to a couple of friends last night.

It’s gross.

+2
just had the same conversation today
gross is a good descriptor, if not a tad mild

Ray / Mark - Glad I am not the only one. I can think of four restaurants that I know for certain that their primary owner/investor is a multibillionaire and all are running gofundmes for their employees.