Advice about Popeyes fried chicken sandwich?

Popeyes Fried Chicken Sandwich…Have you had it, and should I?

• I’ve had it, and it’s worth driving 1 hour or more out of your way just to try it too
  • I’ve had it, and it’s worth driving 30 minutes out of your way just to try it too
  • I’ve had it, and it’s worth trying if you are in the neighborhood
  • I’ve had it, and it’s not worth the hype
  • I haven’t had it, but I like taking polls

0 voters

There are very few Popeyes in the Boston area, and I would have to drive out of my way (and apparently stand in line for a limit of 2 sandwiches at lunchtime) just to try it. Can it possibly be worth all that effort? I do love good fried chicken and I’ve never even been to Popeyes.

Yes, it does take a long time for me to jump on a bandwagon (or to even realize there is a bandwagon to jump on). I’m still trying to figure out who Kim Kardashian is and what happened to Paris Hilton???

It’s good. Don’t make more than a 10-15 minute effort to get it.

I love Popeye’s but I won’t stand in long lines for the sandwich. The Popeye’s app gives coupons and I can usually get an excellent deal on a 3-tender meal ($3.99 + tax for tenders, biscuit and side). If you haven’t had Popeye’s at all, it’s worth a trip to try it, but don’t limit yourself to the sandwich.

WB’ers wait ten years to open a bottle of wine, but cannot spare an hour or less for a Popeye’s chicken sandwich?

If Popeyes were byob, I’d be there in a shot. Us Bostonians will totally drive an hour (or 2) for legal byob.

Excellent analogy.

Not.

It’s a really good $4 sandwich.

I wouldn’t wait in line more than 10 minutes for it personally.

There is a Popeye’s in our airport so I’ll get it there. I wouldn’t go out of my way at all to get it or wait for any amount of time.

Do you guys LQQK to eat Popeye’s, or do you decide to eat it only when your time is limited, only fast food choices, want a cheap chicken sandwich that taste pretty good, etc etc? Meaning, do some of you actually enjoy eating at these fast food places?

I’ve had it, I was driving by and there were no cars in the parking lot and 2 people in line inside. Knowing that I would not wait in a longer line. It’s a fine sandwich but no sandwich is worth driving or waiting 1/2 hour for.

Speaking just for myself there is a good Popeyes in the same parking lot as the Asian market I shop at regularly so I’m frequently a 30 second walk away from it. If I’m in the mood for fried chicken and there isn’t a long line I’ll stop by. Probably the best fast food chain out there (at the good locations, there’s another not far from me which is terrible).

Flawed poll

You may select 1 option

neener

Seriously, the sandwich is pretty good, but Brian is correct about the wait time option.

Devra First, the restaurant critic for the Boston Globe, in her annual “2019 Boston-area restaurant awards” just declared Popeyes’ fried chicken sandwich the “Dish of the year” (a dish from a chain restaurant you can barely find in the Boston area)

[head-bang.gif]

I wouldn’t drive a hour for it. But i’d drive 20 minutes!

Make it yourself at home. Did this last night. Very tasty and easy and better than Kenji’s Chik-fil-a knockoff:
Don’t sleep on the MSG.

My first was last Thursday.

No line, no wait (in contrast to In & Out that opened nearby and has multi hour waits).

Extremely good in the context of fast food. Worth an extra 10 or 15 minutes versus other fast food - Yes.

I was one of the earliest posters here rhapsodizing about Popeye’s chicken sandwiches, both in their first run as well as a current menu staple, and even I wouldn’t drive out of my way nowadays solely to have a meal there. However, if you combine the trek with some hunting at some wine shops, Costcos and off the beaten path liquor stores, then it’s time for a road trip!

No, Steve, we don’t enjoy eating at these fast food places. We do it because we hate it and are masochists. [wink.gif]

Hmmmm…and I never got an invite??? champagne.gif

Based on your earlier comment here and the grass fed discussion, I wouldn’t think you’d be caught dead within five miles of a Popeye’s!