Orlando

Any suggestions for Orlando?

Miami

We’re off to a good start, I figured 90% of comments would be wisecracking or suggestions for other cities.

PM our Country Squire

Orlando or the resort area/Kissimmee?

Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge

or Chillers on Wednesday.

Winter Park is only marginally terrible as compared to the rest of Orlando–which I firmly believe firebombing would be a vast improvement. In Winter Park, I visited a friend’s parents and they took us to The Ravenous Pig. It was fine.

The resort area near Lake Buena Vista.

I can’t help but going to be in the area in November. Initial research was not promising.

yes

I chuckle when I hear stuff like this.

Quality of life in Orlando is ridiculously high, and the economy always seems to out-pace the country. But if it keeps others away from our little oasis, I’m all good with that. I would agree with Josh on the theme park area, but dumping on Winter Park is just plain silly. The theme parks are really not in Orlando. I almost rarely go out there.

Must be all of our Puerto Rico exports making it fun and lively…

We can debate the quality of life in Orlando…and whether it’s actually an “oasis”…but Winter Park has some nice offerings. It’s not a trendy NYC neighborhood, but worth a look and a few meals. My wife and I shared an enjoyable BYO dinner at Prato with a sidewalk table across from the park. Try that in NYC during the first week of April.

RT

Ha, remember RT, you are basically retired! For those of us that have to work for a living, this place rocks. Plus, my home is exempt from creditors and we have not state sales tax. My commute is 10 minutes. And best of all, Carlos’ cousins, friends, colleagues, family and kids are all here! Mecca!

So any restaurants recommendations Alfert? I’m there for a few conferences in the next 6 months. Thanks.

That’s what the thread was supposed to be about.

Guy Fieri has a restaurant in Orlando.

FIFY [stirthepothal.gif]

Guess where the world’s largest McDonald’s is?

RT