Orlando

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Post Reply
Message
Author
Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4794
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Orlando

#1 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » August 27th, 2019, 5:05 am

Any suggestions for Orlando?

User avatar
Albert R
Posts: 644
Joined: June 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Orlando

#2 Post by Albert R » August 27th, 2019, 5:09 am

Miami
Cheers,

@. Re-go

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4794
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Orlando

#3 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » August 27th, 2019, 5:31 am

We’re off to a good start, I figured 90% of comments would be wisecracking or suggestions for other cities.

User avatar
Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion
Posts: 3652
Joined: November 29th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Location: Hudson, Ohio

Re: Orlando

#4 Post by Dave McIsaac » August 27th, 2019, 7:48 am

PM our Country Squire

User avatar
Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9269
Joined: October 10th, 2009, 1:40 pm
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic

Re: Orlando

#5 Post by Chris Blum » August 27th, 2019, 8:18 am

Orlando or the resort area/Kissimmee?
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

User avatar
Rick Smith
Posts: 3005
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:41 pm
Location: Marlboro, NJ

Re: Orlando

#6 Post by Rick Smith » August 27th, 2019, 9:39 am

Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge

User avatar
Rick Smith
Posts: 3005
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:41 pm
Location: Marlboro, NJ

Re: Orlando

#7 Post by Rick Smith » August 27th, 2019, 9:40 am

or Chillers on Wednesday.

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1957
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Orlando

#8 Post by Josh Grossman » August 27th, 2019, 11:19 am

Winter Park is only marginally terrible as compared to the rest of Orlando--which I firmly believe firebombing would be a vast improvement. In Winter Park, I visited a friend's parents and they took us to The Ravenous Pig. It was fine.

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4794
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Orlando

#9 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » August 27th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Chris Blum wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 8:18 am
Orlando or the resort area/Kissimmee?
The resort area near Lake Buena Vista.

User avatar
John Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2973
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 1:27 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Orlando

#10 Post by John Davis » August 27th, 2019, 12:11 pm

I can’t help but going to be in the area in November. Initial research was not promising.
ITB

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8884
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: Orlando

#11 Post by Scott Brunson » August 28th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Rick Smith wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 9:39 am
Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge
yes
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21627
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Orlando

#12 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » September 30th, 2019, 4:50 am

Josh Grossman wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 11:19 am
Winter Park is only marginally terrible as compared to the rest of Orlando--which I firmly believe firebombing would be a vast improvement. In Winter Park, I visited a friend's parents and they took us to The Ravenous Pig. It was fine.
I chuckle when I hear stuff like this.

Quality of life in Orlando is ridiculously high, and the economy always seems to out-pace the country. But if it keeps others away from our little oasis, I’m all good with that. I would agree with Josh on the theme park area, but dumping on Winter Park is just plain silly. The theme parks are really not in Orlando. I almost rarely go out there.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
Carlos Delpin
Posts: 1845
Joined: June 13th, 2012, 3:22 am
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: Orlando

#13 Post by Carlos Delpin » September 30th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 4:50 am
Josh Grossman wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 11:19 am
Winter Park is only marginally terrible as compared to the rest of Orlando--which I firmly believe firebombing would be a vast improvement. In Winter Park, I visited a friend's parents and they took us to The Ravenous Pig. It was fine.
I chuckle when I hear stuff like this.

Quality of life in Orlando is ridiculously high, and the economy always seems to out-pace the country. But if it keeps others away from our little oasis, I’m all good with that. I would agree with Josh on the theme park area, but dumping on Winter Park is just plain silly. The theme parks are really not in Orlando. I almost rarely go out there.
Must be all of our Puerto Rico exports making it fun and lively...

User avatar
Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12244
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 1:29 pm
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

Re: Orlando

#14 Post by Richard T r i m p i » September 30th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 4:50 am
Josh Grossman wrote:
August 27th, 2019, 11:19 am
Winter Park is only marginally terrible as compared to the rest of Orlando--which I firmly believe firebombing would be a vast improvement. In Winter Park, I visited a friend's parents and they took us to The Ravenous Pig. It was fine.
I chuckle when I hear stuff like this. Quality of life in Orlando is ridiculously high, and the economy always seems to out-pace the country. But if it keeps others away from our little oasis, I’m all good with that. I would agree with Josh on the theme park area, but dumping on Winter Park is just plain silly. The theme parks are really not in Orlando. I almost rarely go out there.
We can debate the quality of life in Orlando...and whether it's actually an "oasis"....but Winter Park has some nice offerings. It's not a trendy NYC neighborhood, but worth a look and a few meals. My wife and I shared an enjoyable BYO dinner at Prato with a sidewalk table across from the park. Try that in NYC during the first week of April.

RT

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 21627
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Orlando

#15 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » September 30th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Ha, remember RT, you are basically retired! For those of us that have to work for a living, this place rocks. Plus, my home is exempt from creditors and we have not state sales tax. My commute is 10 minutes. And best of all, Carlos’ cousins, friends, colleagues, family and kids are all here! Mecca!

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Joe Chanley
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 789
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 1:13 pm

Re: Orlando

#16 Post by Joe Chanley » September 30th, 2019, 6:26 pm

So any restaurants recommendations Alfert? I’m there for a few conferences in the next 6 months. Thanks.

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4794
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Orlando

#17 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » September 30th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Joe Chanley wrote:
September 30th, 2019, 6:26 pm
So any restaurants recommendations Alfert? I’m there for a few conferences in the next 6 months. Thanks.
That’s what the thread was supposed to be about.

User avatar
Victor Hong
Posts: 15305
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Orlando

#18 Post by Victor Hong » October 1st, 2019, 3:04 pm

Guy Fieri has a restaurant in Orlando.
WineHunter.

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 14058
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: Orlando

#19 Post by Jay Miller » October 3rd, 2019, 2:06 pm

Victor Hong wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 3:04 pm
Guy Fieri has a "restaurant" in Orlando.
FIFY [stirthepothal.gif]
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12244
Joined: September 11th, 2009, 1:29 pm
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

Re: Orlando

#20 Post by Richard T r i m p i » October 4th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Guess where the world's largest McDonald's is?

Image

RT

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4794
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Orlando

#21 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » October 4th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Richard T r i m p i wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 12:52 pm
Guess where the world's largest McDonald's is?

Image

RT
Look at all the Range Rovers.

Michael Sopher
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1511
Joined: April 11th, 2010, 10:58 am
Location: NYC

Re: Orlando

#22 Post by Michael Sopher » October 5th, 2019, 2:58 pm

I will end up in Lake Mary Fl before long for some work trips. Seems to be on the right side of Orlando (away from the them parks). Anything worthwhile up that way?

User avatar
Victor Hong
Posts: 15305
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Orlando

#23 Post by Victor Hong » October 6th, 2019, 8:06 am

Michael Sopher wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:58 pm
I will end up in Lake Mary Fl before long for some work trips. Seems to be on the right side of Orlando (away from the them parks). Anything worthwhile up that way?
You retiring there too?
WineHunter.

Michael Sopher
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1511
Joined: April 11th, 2010, 10:58 am
Location: NYC

Re: Orlando

#24 Post by Michael Sopher » October 6th, 2019, 11:59 am

Victor Hong wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 8:06 am
Michael Sopher wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:58 pm
I will end up in Lake Mary Fl before long for some work trips. Seems to be on the right side of Orlando (away from the them parks). Anything worthwhile up that way?
You retiring there too?
Don't be ridiculous... retirement happens in Boca Raton
Last edited by Michael Sopher on October 6th, 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Victor Hong
Posts: 15305
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Orlando

#25 Post by Victor Hong » October 6th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Oh, yeah, no kids.
WineHunter.

Post Reply

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”