Pasta maker

Any recos for a good quality, easy to use pasta maker.
Thanks ahead of time

By pasta maker are you referring to something that rolls the dough or something that mixes the dough for you? The Marcato Atlas 150 is what I use for sheeting the dough and it’s great. If you want to make extruded shapes that’s a whole different ballgame and you’ll need some fairly expensive equipment for that. The cheaper plastic extruders don’t do justice to what the pasta should be, and the brass extruders on the market for home use don’t come cheap.

Rolling the dough, I will check it out.
Thanks Elliot

I also have the Mercato and it’s great. Sturdy built and there are a lot of different shapes available. You can even buy an engine for it.

Check KitchenAid, they have an attachment for the stand mixer. If you have a sur la table store in you area, go and check it out. Sure is faster then the hand cranked one.

Marcato here as well. In fact pretty much everyone I know who does this at home uses one of these.

If you already have a KitchenAid sitting on your counter, their pasta attachment is indeed quite useful.

The KA three roller set is kind of pricy, I bought the solo flat roller then got a $20 hand crank (used, unused) for the various cutters it came with.
98AD3597-376D-4FEA-96F3-B42B68664480.jpeg

Best hand cranked one outhere, pricey, but top model will last a lifetime.
Again, cheaper to get a kitchenaid attachment. Do you watch Iron Chef? they use that when they do pasta.

Whichever you get will last you for ever. One recommendation I have is to spring for a motor. That allows you to free up a hand and it means you don’t need to clamp it down.