Another Flannery PSA

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Message
Author
Michael Sopher
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1498
Joined: April 11th, 2010, 10:58 am
Location: NYC

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#51 Post by Michael Sopher » July 26th, 2019, 8:03 am

Last night's delivery from the prior sale ... Hangers and Jorges and a few other bits
Steaks.jpg

User avatar
Brandon R
Posts: 1135
Joined: November 10th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#52 Post by Brandon R » July 26th, 2019, 10:24 am

That there is a beautiful thing to behold, Michael.
B. Redman

User avatar
Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29301
Joined: October 17th, 2013, 11:25 am
Location: Chico, CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#53 Post by Anton D » July 27th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Michael Sopher wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 8:03 am
Last night's delivery from the prior sale ... Hangers and Jorges and a few other bitsSteaks.jpg
That puts the Mmmmm in Mmmmmmooooo! [cheers.gif]
Last edited by Anton D on July 27th, 2019, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8625
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#54 Post by Scott Brunson » July 27th, 2019, 12:46 pm

Picked up a few more to share with my parents on a visit next weekend.
Dad turned 85 yesterday--still going strong!
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4264
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#55 Post by Andrew Kotowski » July 31st, 2019, 8:15 am

You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

User avatar
Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29301
Joined: October 17th, 2013, 11:25 am
Location: Chico, CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#56 Post by Anton D » August 1st, 2019, 9:17 am

Scott Brunson wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 12:46 pm
Picked up a few more to share with my parents on a visit next weekend.
Dad turned 85 yesterday--still going strong!
[cheers.gif] to your dad!

One of the great blessings of my life was to have my wife's parents in our lives. Nanny is 89 and going strong, as well! She lives with us 2/3 time (she still travels and does part time with my wife's sister) and when she's here we try to keep the house bustling. She is bright and bon vivant and our circle of friends include her in conversation, wine talk, life talk, cooking talk...and lots of Flannery beef.

She thinks we live an exciting life because we entertain so much when she is here, but she's the best reason for the entertaining. I think it really gives her positive energy.
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

BrianL
Posts: 22
Joined: January 28th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#57 Post by BrianL » August 26th, 2019, 11:24 am

Another sale: 35% off Midwestern Hangers and 30% CA Ribeye.
L@v0ng

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 38543
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#58 Post by Todd F r e n c h » August 26th, 2019, 11:25 am

I jumped on the hangers immediately
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 238
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#59 Post by Troy Stark » August 26th, 2019, 11:33 am

I see the hangers on sale, but which CA ribeye is on sale?

Edit: NVM found it
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18886
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#60 Post by Brian Tuite » August 26th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Crap, I ordered Burger Blend last week and threw in 10 shortloin tails to round it out for free shipping. If only...

Timing is everything.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4264
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#61 Post by Andrew Kotowski » August 26th, 2019, 5:08 pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
August 26th, 2019, 11:25 am
I jumped on the hangers immediately
$22 price point on the hangers is a stupidly good deal.
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8625
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#62 Post by Scott Brunson » August 26th, 2019, 5:44 pm

30% off ribeye?
yes please
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Michael Sopher
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1498
Joined: April 11th, 2010, 10:58 am
Location: NYC

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#63 Post by Michael Sopher » August 30th, 2019, 4:26 am

20190829_194019.jpg
Set for a bit. Truly my favorite steak.

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13762
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#64 Post by Jay Miller » August 30th, 2019, 6:10 am

Sigh, you people.

I still had steak left from Berserkerday I certainly didn't need to order 2 ribeyes and 2 hangars. And yet somehow I did...
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#65 Post by Ethan Abraham » August 30th, 2019, 7:37 am

I'm going to let you all in on a secret....lamb saddle from flannery.

Michael Sopher
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1498
Joined: April 11th, 2010, 10:58 am
Location: NYC

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#66 Post by Michael Sopher » August 30th, 2019, 9:03 am

Jay Miller wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 6:10 am
Sigh, you people.

I still had steak left from Berserkerday I certainly didn't need to order 2 ribeyes and 2 hangars. And yet somehow I did...
And we have enough wine in our cellars and continue to buy that as well.

Rich Salsano
Posts: 585
Joined: February 11th, 2011, 10:02 am

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#67 Post by Rich Salsano » August 30th, 2019, 9:50 am

Ethan Abraham wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 7:37 am
I'm going to let you all in on a secret....lamb saddle from flannery.
Just ordered a couple.......
Richard Salsano

User avatar
Albert R
Posts: 590
Joined: June 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#68 Post by Albert R » August 31st, 2019, 5:42 am

Jay Miller wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 6:10 am
Sigh, you people.

I still had steak left from Berserkerday I certainly didn't need to order 2 ribeyes and 2 hangars. And yet somehow I did...
Same here and I went in for more! flirtysmile
Cheers,

@. Re-go

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4264
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#69 Post by Andrew Kotowski » August 31st, 2019, 6:11 am

Action shot!
Attachments
C41430BF-FDDB-4DBD-81FE-7AB61AD5591C.jpeg
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

User avatar
Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#70 Post by Ethan Abraham » August 31st, 2019, 6:38 am

Rich Salsano wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 9:50 am
Ethan Abraham wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 7:37 am
I'm going to let you all in on a secret....lamb saddle from flannery.
Just ordered a couple.......
Somehow our dinner of 4 adults and 3 little kids finished a 2.5 lb one. Salt pepper and 10-year-old rental house rosemary, olive oil, for about 1 hr on indirect heat in a 350ish grill.

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8625
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#71 Post by Scott Brunson » August 31st, 2019, 8:36 am

Albert R wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 5:42 am
Jay Miller wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 6:10 am
Sigh, you people.

I still had steak left from Berserkerday I certainly didn't need to order 2 ribeyes and 2 hangars. And yet somehow I did...
Same here and I went in for more! flirtysmile
I showed my wife the sale.
She immediately cleaned out the freezer to make space.
I don't deserve her.
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Joe Chanley
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 711
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 1:13 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#72 Post by Joe Chanley » August 31st, 2019, 8:58 am

Dragged my feet and missed it. Oh well, get em the next time around.

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4431
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#73 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » August 31st, 2019, 6:39 pm

Ordered the Petite NY strips on sale to boot and shipped frozen

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4431
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#74 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » September 4th, 2019, 6:58 pm

My order had a lot of brown. Is this normal? The steaks were shipped frozen, but arrived thawed. The foam was detached on one side. The ice packs were still frozen.

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18886
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#75 Post by Brian Tuite » September 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 6:58 pm
My order had a lot of brown. Is this normal? The steaks were shipped frozen, but arrived thawed. The foam was detached on one side. The ice packs were still frozen.
They’re dry aged, they come a shade of brown. They are shipped fresh, not frozen. Your steaks will be fines as long as the vacuum seal is not broken and leaking.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

Mike Cohen
Posts: 2927
Joined: December 8th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#76 Post by Mike Cohen » September 4th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Anton D wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 9:17 am
Scott Brunson wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 12:46 pm
Picked up a few more to share with my parents on a visit next weekend.
Dad turned 85 yesterday--still going strong!
[cheers.gif] to your dad!

One of the great blessings of my life was to have my wife's parents in our lives. Nanny is 89 and going strong, as well! She lives with us 2/3 time (she still travels and does part time with my wife's sister) and when she's here we try to keep the house bustling. She is bright and bon vivant and our circle of friends include her in conversation, wine talk, life talk, cooking talk...and lots of Flannery beef.

She thinks we live an exciting life because we entertain so much when she is here, but she's the best reason for the entertaining. I think it really gives her positive energy.
Anton,

Love this story. My wife and I made a decision to move back from NYC to the town where we grew up when my wife was pregnant. Both my parents and my in-laws still live in town. It’s been an absolute blessing for my two girls (now teenagers) to grow up and have their grandparents in their lives. To top it all off for the past five years, we’ve taken a great family vacation together (my family of four, parents and in-laws). We’ve been to Israel (2x), Amsterdam, Italy, and just two weeks ago, Spain.

Our parents are relatively young and in great shape. Being around family and being heavily involved with my kids has really helped keep them young and sharp. Nothing makes me happier than when i hear one of my friends tell me they hung out and had a conversation with my parents or in-laws at the local coffee shop.

T Welch
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3078
Joined: April 12th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#77 Post by T Welch » September 4th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm
Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 6:58 pm
My order had a lot of brown. Is this normal? The steaks were shipped frozen, but arrived thawed. The foam was detached on one side. The ice packs were still frozen.
They’re dry aged, they come a shade of brown. They are shipped fresh, not frozen. Your steaks will be fines as long as the vacuum seal is not broken and leaking.
According to the website the Petite New Yorks are shipped frozen.
T*R*U*E*T*T

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4431
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#78 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » September 5th, 2019, 4:59 am

Brian Tuite wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm
Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 6:58 pm
My order had a lot of brown. Is this normal? The steaks were shipped frozen, but arrived thawed. The foam was detached on one side. The ice packs were still frozen.
They’re dry aged, they come a shade of brown. They are shipped fresh, not frozen. Your steaks will be fines as long as the vacuum seal is not broken and leaking.
Not much brown in the photos posted here by others and I’ve had other shipments that weren’t browned. I know they’re dry aged and will have a darker color. I like the size of the petites and the fact that they’re shipped frozen.
I’ll put two steaks to the test tonight.

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18886
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#79 Post by Brian Tuite » September 5th, 2019, 5:50 am

Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 4:59 am
Brian Tuite wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm
Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 6:58 pm
My order had a lot of brown. Is this normal? The steaks were shipped frozen, but arrived thawed. The foam was detached on one side. The ice packs were still frozen.
They’re dry aged, they come a shade of brown. They are shipped fresh, not frozen. Your steaks will be fines as long as the vacuum seal is not broken and leaking.
Not much brown in the photos posted here by others and I’ve had other shipments that weren’t browned. I know they’re dry aged and will have a darker color. I like the size of the petites and the fact that they’re shipped frozen.
I’ll put two steaks to the test tonight.
Sorry, didn’t look back to see whta you had purchased.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 238
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#80 Post by Troy Stark » September 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Quick report on the 75 day aged and 50 day aged, which we tried a couple of weeks ago.

The 75 day was interesting - very exotic in flavor. It definitely had a "blue cheese" smell before it was cooked, which I guess is expected since the same mold does the work of dry aging as what causes veining in blue cheese. When cooked the smell was gone and the aroma is more "earthy/beefy" and the flavor matched. The texture was very firm and a little mealy - probably the most disappointing part. Suspect this is because so much of the moisture is just gone from the meat, which means it lacks "juiciness." Very little fluid drained from the meat when it was resting. All in all, an interesting experience, but would not buy again.

The 50 days was much better. It still had enough retained moisture that it was much more in line with expectations of what dry aged beef should taste (and feel) like. We would buy this again if it ever came on sale.

Does anyone have any information on the difference between the "CA Reserve" and the "Midwestern" steaks? Is it a different in aging time, type of beef? We scoured the website and could not find any information to explain the difference.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Elliot Steele
Posts: 515
Joined: March 19th, 2016, 8:40 pm
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#81 Post by Elliot Steele » September 5th, 2019, 2:42 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 1:26 pm
Quick report on the 75 day aged and 50 day aged, which we tried a couple of weeks ago.

The 75 day was interesting - very exotic in flavor. It definitely had a "blue cheese" smell before it was cooked, which I guess is expected since the same mold does the work of dry aging as what causes veining in blue cheese. When cooked the smell was gone and the aroma is more "earthy/beefy" and the flavor matched. The texture was very firm and a little mealy - probably the most disappointing part. Suspect this is because so much of the moisture is just gone from the meat, which means it lacks "juiciness." Very little fluid drained from the meat when it was resting. All in all, an interesting experience, but would not buy again.

The 50 days was much better. It still had enough retained moisture that it was much more in line with expectations of what dry aged beef should taste (and feel) like. We would buy this again if it ever came on sale.

Does anyone have any information on the difference between the "CA Reserve" and the "Midwestern" steaks? Is it a different in aging time, type of beef? We scoured the website and could not find any information to explain the difference.
As far as I know the California Reserve is Holstein (dairy) cattle and the Midwestern is Angus.
There's no U-Haul behind the hearse

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4431
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#82 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » September 5th, 2019, 3:47 pm

E99AFA6C-C56B-4B6E-8B40-F5FBB454B60D.jpeg
C609CED0-36A4-4B06-9AE5-9C086B3AAA3F.jpeg
B2CE7A50-1CBA-461E-89B5-BD458FAE64D7.jpeg
Photos, these two seem ok. I have another that floats in the water bath, so sealed but not vacuum sealed.
I assume that’s a problem?

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20453
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Location: Mwaukee, 'sconsin

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#83 Post by AlexS » September 5th, 2019, 4:58 pm

As I've always understood it, browning is from the dry aging process (oxidation) - it's nothing to be concerned about.
s t e w @ r t

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4431
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#84 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » September 5th, 2019, 5:04 pm

AlexS wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 4:58 pm
As I've always understood it, browning is from the dry aging process (oxidation) - it's nothing to be concerned about.
If I survive the night I’ll let you know. champagne.gif
Steaks were great, just like the last time I had these concerns.

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20453
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Location: Mwaukee, 'sconsin

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#85 Post by AlexS » September 5th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 5:04 pm
AlexS wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 4:58 pm
As I've always understood it, browning is from the dry aging process (oxidation) - it's nothing to be concerned about.
If I survive the night I’ll let you know. champagne.gif
Steaks were great, just like the last time I had these concerns.
You best survive man...otherwise, no way we'll survive in the gutter without your occasional commentary!! :)

Seriously tho, I've had plenty of steaks from Flannery and other sources that have the same kind of browning - they're always nothing less than absolutely delicious.

[cheers.gif]
s t e w @ r t

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 238
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#86 Post by Troy Stark » September 5th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Elliot Steele wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 2:42 pm
As far as I know the California Reserve is Holstein (dairy) cattle and the Midwestern is Angus.
Thanks!

(Steers don't produce milk, though, just for the record. Ha!)
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Elliot Steele
Posts: 515
Joined: March 19th, 2016, 8:40 pm
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#87 Post by Elliot Steele » September 6th, 2019, 7:45 am

Troy Stark wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 6:47 pm
Elliot Steele wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 2:42 pm
As far as I know the California Reserve is Holstein (dairy) cattle and the Midwestern is Angus.
Thanks!

(Steers don't produce milk, though, just for the record. Ha!)
Thanks for the bio lesson! I believe that the Holstein they use are the male cattle that typically get used for veal production. I'll double check when I see Katie later.
There's no U-Haul behind the hearse

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 238
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#88 Post by Troy Stark » September 6th, 2019, 7:56 am

Elliot Steele wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 7:45 am
Thanks for the bio lesson! I believe that the Holstein they use are the male cattle that typically get used for veal production. I'll double check when I see Katie later.
I was just giving you a hard time because even though Holstein is typically thought of as a dairy breed, the male cattle don't produce milk so can't be used for "dairy." Duh, right? This means they are used for beef, just like other breeds. So, it's kind of a misnomer to refer to a breed as a dairy breed, but I digress.

I know all of this because my family has a cattle ranch and I spent my summers working there with my grandfather. It was a cow and calf operation, so we would inseminate the cows, deliver the babies, and then send the yearlings off to auction. Female cattle are almost never used for beef production (not until their breeding years are over, anyway). Assuming they are normal, healthy cows, they are used as breeding stock to grow the heard (or sold to others for the same reason). Male cattle that are not of bull quality (almost none are) are castrated, at which point they are referred to as a "steer," and put into the beef production cycle. Young steers are butchered to make veal and the older steers become ribeyes, strip steaks, chuck roasts, hamburger, etc.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Betty C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 838
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#89 Post by Betty C » September 6th, 2019, 11:48 am

bull.gif
bull.gif (996.13 KiB) Viewed 527 times
Ch00

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18886
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#90 Post by Brian Tuite » September 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 6:47 pm
Elliot Steele wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 2:42 pm
As far as I know the California Reserve is Holstein (dairy) cattle and the Midwestern is Angus.
Thanks!

(Steers don't produce milk, though, just for the record. Ha!)
The Holsteins are Cows not Steers. Better beef.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18886
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#91 Post by Brian Tuite » September 6th, 2019, 2:42 pm

.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 238
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#92 Post by Troy Stark » September 6th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Brian Tuite wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm
The Holsteins are Cows not Steers. Better beef.
Edit; are you saying Flannery sources cow meat instead of steer meat? That would be unusual.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

b. c@stner
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 803
Joined: June 8th, 2009, 7:52 pm
Location: Chicago Burbs...South Carolina Coast

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#93 Post by b. c@stner » September 6th, 2019, 3:14 pm

Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 3:47 pm
E99AFA6C-C56B-4B6E-8B40-F5FBB454B60D.jpegC609CED0-36A4-4B06-9AE5-9C086B3AAA3F.jpegB2CE7A50-1CBA-461E-89B5-BD458FAE64D7.jpeg
Photos, these two seem ok. I have another that floats in the water bath, so sealed but not vacuum sealed.
I assume that’s a problem?
Bought a few hangers on the recent sale. One package was sealed but no vacuum seal, not leaking. Had it yesterday, absolutely fine.
b 0 b

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18886
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#94 Post by Brian Tuite » September 7th, 2019, 7:19 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Brian Tuite wrote:
September 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm
The Holsteins are Cows not Steers. Better beef.
Edit; are you saying Flannery sources cow meat instead of steer meat? That would be unusual.
I’m saying I wanted to delete that post but fu¢ked up and made a new post with a dot by mistake. newhere
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8625
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#95 Post by Scott Brunson » September 14th, 2019, 6:58 pm

We did Jorge tonight--129 sous vide for 90 minutes and Weber charcoal to finish.
Maybe we should do a little hotter than 129 because of the thickness+bone.
I would like a little less time on the charcoal.

But, 1st world problems (it was still spectacular)
What do you think?
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18886
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#96 Post by Brian Tuite » September 14th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Scott Brunson wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 6:58 pm
We did Jorge tonight--129 sous vide for 90 minutes and Weber charcoal to finish.
Maybe we should do a little hotter than 129 because of the thickness+bone.
I would like a little less time on the charcoal.

But, 1st world problems (it was still spectacular)
What do you think?
I think I need to thaw one out and go for it.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2019 WOTY...

User avatar
CJ Beazley
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 22669
Joined: December 3rd, 2011, 6:33 am
Location: Ovilla\Midlothian Texas

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#97 Post by CJ Beazley » September 15th, 2019, 9:15 am

Scott Brunson wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 6:58 pm
We did Jorge tonight--129 sous vide for 90 minutes and Weber charcoal to finish.
Maybe we should do a little hotter than 129 because of the thickness+bone.
I would like a little less time on the charcoal.

But, 1st world problems (it was still spectacular)
What do you think?
I think I hope the ‘old guy’ got some scraps
It's C(raig)

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8625
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: Another Flannery PSA

#98 Post by Scott Brunson » September 15th, 2019, 9:16 am

CJ Beazley wrote:
September 15th, 2019, 9:15 am
Scott Brunson wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 6:58 pm
We did Jorge tonight--129 sous vide for 90 minutes and Weber charcoal to finish.
Maybe we should do a little hotter than 129 because of the thickness+bone.
I would like a little less time on the charcoal.

But, 1st world problems (it was still spectacular)
What do you think?
I think I hope the ‘old guy’ got some scraps
He likes wine pairing.
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

Post Reply

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”