True Confessions

Bacon and jelly sandwich.

Fess up!

Peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich…Deelish!!

American cheese (but at least not the individually plastic wrapped stuff).

One of the best for grilled cheese. Though I might argue whether it really counts as cheese.

My guilty pleasure: slices of American cheese wrapped around a sweet gherkin.

Another confession: I do not like bacon.

Lays Classic potato chip dipped in sour cream. Only allowed a couple of times a year.

Fried pickles with ranch dressing. I feel dirty just typing it.

Throw in an extra-hoppy IPA? Killing me.

Hard boiled eggs aged in pickled beet juice for a couple weeks. The red color clear through the egg white and partially coloring the yolk. Don’t remember how I fell into this.

White American “cheese” melts well. In St. Louis we have a similar product called proven that works a bit better even than that. Ideal for any type of “melt” sandwich and neutral enough that kids don’t balk the way they do at my preferred choices.

Two that I grew up with and still find appealing on occasion:

Macaroni and cheese with tuna
Movie theater popcorn with m&m’s

Provel is disgusting. The fact that you put it on pizza is a pox on your city.

Even if you dislike it on pizza you might be surprised with how it works melted on sandwiches. It just melts very easily, but on pizza that makes it sort of blend in with the sauce in a way that many people dislike. Personally, as for St. Louis style pizza I like it; it’s not my favorite or something I want all the time, but I do like it. Even so, none of the best pizzas in St. Louis are in that style. For the most part I’m not into Chicago style pizza either.

FIFY

@#$%& communists.

with a little mayo… flirtysmile

and if you really want to up that game use giardinara instead of pickle…

It is cheese food. What cheese eats.

Yep, I used to get those in my bag lunch back in the '60s.

Pickled eggs are a UK thing, very popular

Popcorn in Coca Cola

Check your old lunch box…if one is there, I bet it is still good. champagne.gif