In'n'Out Burger Fries

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Jason T
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: In'n'Out Burger Fries

#51 Post by Jason T » June 18th, 2019, 1:06 am

Of the chains, my favorite fries are Five Guys, by a wide margin.
J@son Tr@ughber

Matt Mauldin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#52 Post by Matt Mauldin » June 18th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Atlanta-specific, but best fast-food fries anywhere are at The Varsity.
ITB

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#53 Post by Mike Evans » June 19th, 2019, 7:02 am

Matt Mauldin wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 7:33 pm
As an Atlanta native who has loved The Varsity for more than 40 years, I regret that I can’t agree. They can be great if they are cooked enough, but too often they are undercooked, greasy, and soggy.

PeterJ

#54 Post by PeterJ » June 19th, 2019, 8:57 am

I had a burger and fries at 5 Guys last week. Picked them up from the counter immediately and opened the bag quickly. They were really good. I wouldn’t call them crispy but they were not limp at all. Length is good and quantity excellent. I only have two issues: 1. They need a bun capable of holding up to the toppings they offer, and 2. $17+ for a double bacon cheeseburger, regular fries and a small drink is what?..... TWICE the price of In-n-Out?? WAY better, I think, but twice????
Peter J@ckel

Scott G r u n e r

#55 Post by Scott G r u n e r » June 19th, 2019, 9:41 am

PeterJ wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 8:57 am
I had a burger and fries at 5 Guys last week. Picked them up from the counter immediately and opened the bag quickly. They were really good. I wouldn’t call them crispy but they were not limp at all. Length is good and quantity excellent. I only have two issues: 1. They need a bun capable of holding up to the toppings they offer, and 2. $17+ for a double bacon cheeseburger, regular fries and a small drink is what?..... TWICE the price of In-n-Out?? WAY better, I think, but twice????
This comes up every time with the fast food comparisons- There really are different price tiers.. with McD's, In n Out, Burger King, etc, on one tier and then Five Guys, Shake Shack, etc, on the higher tier.
//Cynic

John Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#56 Post by John Davis » June 19th, 2019, 1:23 pm

In and Out and McDonald’s/BK aren’t in the same tier, in my opinion.

JD
ITB

Matt Mauldin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#57 Post by Matt Mauldin » June 19th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Mike Evans wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 7:02 am
Matt Mauldin wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 7:33 pm
As an Atlanta native who has loved The Varsity for more than 40 years, I regret that I can’t agree. They can be great if they are cooked enough, but too often they are undercooked, greasy, and soggy.
Yes, good point, they do need to be cooked correctly. I moved so I'm probably more nostalgic than I would be if I were in town. When they're on, they're very similar to Five Guys. The Onion Rings are amazing too.
ITB

ERPark

#58 Post by ERPark » June 20th, 2019, 9:18 am

Scott G r u n e r wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 9:41 am
PeterJ wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 8:57 am
This comes up every time with the fast food comparisons- There really are different price tiers.. with McD's, In n Out, Burger King, etc, on one tier and then Five Guys, Shake Shack, etc, on the higher tier.
Five Guys is closer to 2.5x the price of a similar order at In N Out.

Depending on the location, In N Out’s combo pricing can actually come in cheaper than comparable combos from the McD’s, BK’s, Jack in the Box, etc of the world. INO definitely is not noticeably more expensive than the mainstream fast food joints.
GEN3

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”